34 mm flatslides

dump tubes or "needle jets". the needle that slides inside the "needle jet" is called the "jet needle". but hey, dump tube sounds good too. check out my sig and see if your mods are similar. if so, the next time i pull my carbs,i'll have a look at the needle jets and see what # they are. if so, you may be safe with the same needle. if it rains tomorrow i might haul the carbs off for a look. the inside diameter of the P-6 tube is 2.680mm if that helps any. you also may want to contact Sudco,com. they have more up to date info on the needles available for the TM flatslide carb with that needle jet.

better get slowpoke to post up his mods. the Q-2s are three sizes richer than the P-6s. that set up would be a kinda rich for what slowpoke is running .

Yeah I saw that. I'm trying to figure out which needles will fit those needle jets. So far I am having no luck on it. I can't find anything that describes what the numbers on the needles all stand for. I can find a list of a bunch of needles for him at sudco, but they don't give diameters of them (that I could find anyway). I think his best bet is to call sudco and they should have a good idea.

5fp17- series 5 needle with two tapers (indicated by the two letters), f= 1degree30minute taper, p= 4 degree taper . i think the 17 is some kind of production reference #.

Q-2 -needle jet 2.710mm inner diameter. your needle is 2.51mm outer diameter before the first taper.

5fp17- series 5 needle with two tapers (indicated by the two letters), f= 1degree30minute taper, p= 4 degree taper . i think the 17 is some kind of production reference #.

Q-2 -needle jet 2.710mm inner diameter. your needle is 2.51mm outer diameter before the first taper.

How are you finding out the diameters? Do you have a chart or something that shows them. I remember sometime I found a chart that showed all of that and what needles to use with what needle jets. I just cant seem to find it again.

• 2 months later...