Steering Very Very tight..

wacko2000

You running +2+1s right? Your tie rods are probably out of whack, I just recently had the same issue with my bie. I'd check that first. I forget the length of the tie rods for the +2+1s when extended out, but I have it written down somewhere, and I've posted it here before.

Also, if the tierods happen to be fine, disconnect them at the steering nuckle, and see if you can tell if it is the ball joints on the knuckle that are binding up, or something in the steering stem. SHould be easier to troubleshoot like that.

wacko hows it going?

i had the same problem with my tie rod hitting the a arm. you need to adjust your tie rods. 99% chance that the problem, esp. if your steering is tight. also check camber and caster if you have adj. a arms.

let us know how it turn out.

See ya peter

ps. hows work going, still setting the elev. up?

wacko hows it going?

i had the same problem with my tie rod hitting the a arm. you need to adjust your tie rods. 99% chance that the problem, esp. if your steering is tight. also check camber and caster if you have adj. a arms.

let us know how it turn out.

See ya peter

ps. hows work going, still setting the elev. up?

Whats up peter, How is it my tie rods if the toe in ad out is good, what do i have to play with, also I do have adjustable arms..

What steps should I take first to fix this?

If your steering, like turning it right/left seems tight...try to loosen the clamp that holds the steering stem onto the frame. I've had to adjust mine a little bit because of that since I had my stuff powdercoated.

Thanks man, Im going to try that, Im also going to take my from end off and start fresh with all the adjustments...

Thanks man, Im going to try that, Im also going to take my from end off and start fresh with all the adjustments...

wacko how did you make out?

i know when my front end was doing the same thing as yours i followed the lsr inst. and it came out great.

zach if you dont have any of the same problems wacko is having with yours, why dont you get both bikes together and compare them to figure out what is goin on with his

Yea MJ i did that already, I had my cuz banshee righ ext to mine, when i turn one way it hits the bumpe stop, when i turn the other way it dooesnt.....WTF...Something is bent, i just dont kno wwhat yet..