dodge ram help

ok i have a 98 dodge ram with a 5.2..well it was running fine yesterday today i go to start it up real low idle when u try to drive it it just bogs down and start jumping around evrywhere it seems like its only running on a couple of cylinder..any idea what it could be truck has little over 100 xxx miles..

Things to check first would be all your vacuum lines, make sure there arnt any leaks causing a lean condition, second would be something like electrical like a corroded main ground or something like that, third is cut out the cats or get them replaced, after about a 100000 they don't flow( my buddy just had something similar happen on his 5.9L with over heating and running shitty and his cats were plugged) but seeing that it happened suddenly i wouldn't think it is. also don't cut it out if there is an 02 sensor after the cat. Also it could very well be your fuel filter, but that's not a good thing if its anything like my buddies 5.9L because the fuel pump and fuel filter are the same unit and the gas tank needs to be dropped and its kind of expensive. But worst case scenario is that you blew a head gasket. kinda sounds like it from the coolant leak, but it could just be a little hole in the radiator, good luck though. This is all my own opinion though and i am not a mechanic so its just my 2cents. and on a side not get a Haynes manual, there like the clymers for the banshee, they show step by step everything, i buy on for all my trucks. then you could probably see were to hook up a vacuum gauge or an fuel pressure gauge.

Things to check first would be all your vacuum lines, make sure there arnt any leaks causing a lean condition, second would be something like electrical like a corroded main ground or something like that, third is cut out the cats or get them replaced, after about a 100000 they don't flow( my buddy just had something similar happen on his 5.9L with over heating and running shitty and his cats were plugged) but seeing that it happened suddenly i wouldn't think it is. also don't cut it out if there is an 02 sensor after the cat. Also it could very well be your fuel filter, but that's not a good thing if its anything like my buddies 5.9L because the fuel pump and fuel filter are the same unit and the gas tank needs to be dropped and its kind of expensive. But worst case scenario is that you blew a head gasket. kinda sounds like it from the coolant leak, but it could just be a little hole in the radiator, good luck though. This is all my own opinion though and i am not a mechanic so its just my 2cents. and on a side not get a Haynes manual, there like the clymers for the banshee, they show step by step everything, i buy on for all my trucks. then you could probably see were to hook up a vacuum gauge or an fuel pressure gauge.

your problem is you bought a dodge instead of a chevy :biggrin:

those trucks have bad intake leaks.. they leak oil.. causing all sorts of problems (no start , run rough ect...)

take the air box off the throttle body and open up the throttle body ... look inside with a flash light... if its all wet the intake need to come off and you need to install all new gaskets but the one thats causing the problem is on the bottom of the intake ... its drawing in to much crankcase gases ... the cover has like 15 bolts on it... jsut a thought... ive done a ton of those intakes... (master auto tech) "aka" very shitty job...

just a though....

ohhh that trans is going to go out soon if it hasnt already.... or unless its a manual...

good luck

josh