asr tie rods

tidos76

american star blows. I have had sprocket alignment issues with the swingarm I bought from them in october. Sent it back, they sent me another. Still same damn problem. the rear sprocket sits too far to the outside of the bike in relation to the counter shaft sprocket. First they said i installed it wrong. Sorry, almost impossible. Then they said my frame was bent. Well, i put it on my other shee and my brothers shee. Fits all 3 bikes exactly the same. They refused to let me return it so far. I have now gone completely around them and am working with the company that actually makes the arms to try and get it right. Amstar knows nothing about banshees and will try to give you the run around untill you give up. Well fuck them im not giving up and am going to make negative posts about their shit evertime i see their name come up on here.

american star blows. I have had sprocket alignment issues with the swingarm I bought from them in october. Sent it back, they sent me another. Still same damn problem. the rear sprocket sits too far to the outside of the bike in relation to the counter shaft sprocket. First they said i installed it wrong. Sorry, almost impossible. Then they said my frame was bent. Well, i put it on my other shee and my brothers shee. Fits all 3 bikes exactly the same. They refused to let me return it so far. I have now gone completely around them and am working with the company that actually makes the arms to try and get it right. Amstar knows nothing about banshees and will try to give you the run around untill you give up. Well fuck them im not giving up and am going to make negative posts about their shit evertime i see their name come up on here.

thats a first...

who gave you the run around?

you spoke to mike?

thats a first...

who gave you the run around?

you spoke to mike?

Yep, many times. after 3 months and screwing around countless hours i requested both verbally and in writing that i wanted a return authorization so i could return the swingarm for a refund.. Mike told me i'm just the guy that answers the phone, i cant do that. so i asked him to get approval from whoever could. Instead, they requested pics of the problem which i gladly provided. I had both bikes sitting nose to nose with the swingarms removed and put their swinger on each back to back and took pics. They said they couldn't really see it in the pics. They want me to take a 2.5 hour drive to the guys shop who actually builds them to have him look at it. Sorry, but im not going to drive 5 hours to show up and have him agree with what i am saying. Bottom line is they still do not belive there is anything wrong with the arm.. I have tried 2 diff arms on 3 diff bikes and they all fit the same. Clearly not all 3 bikes are bent the same amount in the same direction. So logic dictates the problem is the new arm. Especially when all 3 bikes have perfec sprocket alignment witth the stock arms on them. I would much rather send it back and get my money and go somewhere else. But since they are dicking me around, and i am running out of time before my next trip, I just spent about 2 hours in the shop last night doing all kinds of custom machine work to the bearing carrier to try and fix the issue. Havent had time to get the bearings back in and put the arm on to check it. Im pretty confident in the end that i will be able to make it work. Luck for me my dad has about 200k worth of machine shop equipment to allow me to do that kind of stuff. What would the average guy do?? I have been talking to the manufacture and he is cool, but it still pisses me off that i spent good money and it has taken 3 months and a lot of work on my end to get where we are at.. Screw them. I hope you have better luck, but I would never buy anything from them again or recomend them. Oh yeah, and i did some more searching on here and it is not a first, just the most recent.

Yep, many times. after 3 months and screwing around countless hours i requested both verbally and in writing that i wanted a return authorization so i could return the swingarm for a refund.. Mike told me i'm just the guy that answers the phone, i cant do that. so i asked him to get approval from whoever could. Instead, they requested pics of the problem which i gladly provided. I had both bikes sitting nose to nose with the swingarms removed and put their swinger on each back to back and took pics. They said they couldn't really see it in the pics. They want me to take a 2.5 hour drive to the guys shop who actually builds them to have him look at it. Sorry, but im not going to drive 5 hours to show up and have him agree with what i am saying. Bottom line is they still do not belive there is anything wrong with the arm.. I have tried 2 diff arms on 3 diff bikes and they all fit the same. Clearly not all 3 bikes are bent the same amount in the same direction. So logic dictates the problem is the new arm. Especially when all 3 bikes have perfec sprocket alignment witth the stock arms on them. I would much rather send it back and get my money and go somewhere else. But since they are dicking me around, and i am running out of time before my next trip, I just spent about 2 hours in the shop last night doing all kinds of custom machine work to the bearing carrier to try and fix the issue. Havent had time to get the bearings back in and put the arm on to check it. Im pretty confident in the end that i will be able to make it work. Luck for me my dad has about 200k worth of machine shop equipment to allow me to do that kind of stuff. What would the average guy do?? I have been talking to the manufacture and he is cool, but it still pisses me off that i spent good money and it has taken 3 months and a lot of work on my end to get where we are at.. Screw them. I hope you have better luck, but I would never buy anything from them again or recomend them. Oh yeah, and i did some more searching on here and it is not a first, just the most recent.

wow man im sorry to hear that... your the first person to have anything but good to say about them..

What company makes there products, where are they located?

I do not know who makes their a-arms. That is one of the products that the manufacture told me he does not make. He has vowed to make the situation right no matter what. I am not going to publicly say anymore about the manufacture at this point. If he does what he says and makes it right, i will be sure to tell everybody. Conversly if the situation does not work out i will let you know also. My bitch with ASR is that it has been almost 4 months now and I have spent hours and hours dealing with this. Everytime i call i get no where.

Oh yeah, i also have their +2+1 a-arms and yes they work great. When i got them however, where the lower arm comes into the frame, the welder had gotten too hot and burned a big bur into the area where the bushing rides. The idiot that pressed the bushings in didn't bother to look and whacked the bushing in anyway and it collapsed. I couldn't get the a-arm bolt in and when i looked inside i realized what had happened. I knocked the damaged bushing out, ground out the burr with a pencil grinder and then had to replace the bushing. Luckily i had put new bushings in my stockers not long before I replaced them or i would have had to come up with one. Sorry, but in my book you should look somewhere else. I purchased from them because a couple of members on here were talking them up. Well, Im here now to give the other side. They suck and I hope I can cost them as much business as possible.

Edited by rubberneck