Clutch Adjustment Question

littlebriar

Did you install an aftermarket lever? If so, the adjustment screw is not long enough....use the stocker. If that is not the problem, I'd check to make sure the pressure plate is flush against the inner hub. It's possible to put it on without it lining up with the splines, and you don't really notice until you don't have any clutch pull.

keep the cable off then get some vice grips and turn the clutch leaver down on the motor so it lines up. then screw your adjusting screw in until it gets snug then tighten the locknut and hold the screw at the same time so it doesnt move. then hook up the cable. are trying to line the arrows up with the cable attached and pulling the clutch lever. oh yeah and when i say adjusting screw and lock nut i mean the one on your clutch on the one on the leaver thats on the handle bars. sorry its hard for me to explain things on here. pm me if you still dont understand

Edited by yamaha04

Did you install an aftermarket lever? If so, the adjustment screw is not long enough....use the stocker. If that is not the problem, I'd check to make sure the pressure plate is flush against the inner hub. It's possible to put it on without it lining up with the splines, and you don't really notice until you don't have any clutch pull.

Yeah, it looks like it's got an aftermarket lever. That must be the problem. I don't have the stock lever as I bought it the way it is now. Looks like I'll have to buy some more parts. I looks like I'm going to need about another 1/4" of adjustment. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it looks like it's got an aftermarket lever. That must be the problem. I don't have the stock lever as I bought it the way it is now. Looks like I'll have to buy some more parts. I looks like I'm going to need about another 1/4" of adjustment. Thanks for the reply.

You can also use the adjuster from a parking break lever (which you don't have), or put some washers there to space it for a temporary fix.