South Jersey Riding

vwyamaha

Hey everyone just joined this forum and wanted to know if anyone was interested in joining up and going riding. We have a little spot in glassboro at my school where no cops really bother us or anything. I just wanted to see who else on here was from around here maybe we could figure something out.

Hey everyone just joined this forum and wanted to know if anyone was interested in joining up and going riding. We have a little spot in glassboro at my school where no cops really bother us or anything. I just wanted to see who else on here was from around here maybe we could figure something out.

"Riding in New jersey" and "no cops bother us" in the same sentence.....hummmm i call BS!!! :evil:

"Riding in New jersey" and "no cops bother us" in the same sentence.....hummmm i call BS!!! :evil:

Haha well usually I would have to agree with you but I guess since I got stuck in a crappy apartment place some higher being decided to grace me and a couple buddies with a police free riding area right here in our very own apartment complex.

What are you joking or something. Its never safe to ride in New Jersey without the cops busting your hump unless you like riding and looking over you shoulder through out the day. You might be lucky now but, all in time someone will start complaining about the noise and ATV traffic. Plus gov, Corzine wants to make it harder for illegal riders by making the penalties so stiff that you will not be able to get you atv out of impound after you pay all the fines and he's even trying to get it so if you get caught riding on state land that the fines have no limits. He's even trying to get the land owners to step up and prosecute the peolpe too. There's a lot of nice places to ride here in New Jersey but, you have to chance it to ride illegal.

I understand it is that way for most places but when I ride out in tabernacle I never see a cop and if some one is chasing us its some hunter, and by me we ride on the towns land and the other half belongs to a quarry and the owner is cool with it. Besides theres only a few of us and its not enough land to spend all day on really, so the noise complaints don't happen all two much. On a side note if your bikes are registered and insured what can they fine you for and for how much?

ive had too many run ins with irate hunters, cops with guns in hand, insane home owners, citizens who wants to be police and hide in the woods with video cameras and tape us and threaten to send to local police (true story).. i pretty much gave up, i live acorss ther street from the train tracks, i used to hop on my quad, go down to the tracks and ride all day, it goes forever in both directions with trails off the tracks everywhere, we would ride for 4-5 hours a day, never had a problem , the past 4-5 years its not even worth it, its like everyone went insane .. no one rides at all anymore here, i used to hear quads all day sat-sun buzzin up and down the tracks goin places, now its a ghost town, the cops have quads with lights and sirens and will stop at nothing to get you, it makes their day, luckilly PA is 15 miles from where i live and its worth driving 100 miles to ride all day worry free, theres just no open land in new jersey, and everyone has a stick up their ass it sucks... in the paper the other week they ARRESTED a couple guys, impounded their quads and wrote them $1000;s in tickets for riding on state land... just not worth it, its not even fun riding where you have to worry and look over yourshoulder everytime u stock for a drink or smoke,, no fun at all, new jersey blows, go to PA, its like a quad riders paradise

ive had too many run ins with irate hunters, cops with guns in hand, insane home owners, citizens who wants to be police and hide in the woods with video cameras and tape us and threaten to send to local police (true story).. i pretty much gave up, i live acorss ther street from the train tracks, i used to hop on my quad, go down to the tracks and ride all day, it goes forever in both directions with trails off the tracks everywhere, we would ride for 4-5 hours a day, never had a problem , the past 4-5 years its not even worth it, its like everyone went insane .. no one rides at all anymore here, i used to hear quads all day sat-sun buzzin up and down the tracks goin places, now its a ghost town, the cops have quads with lights and sirens and will stop at nothing to get you, it makes their day, luckilly PA is 15 miles from where i live and its worth driving 100 miles to ride all day worry free, theres just no open land in new jersey, and everyone has a stick up their ass it sucks... in the paper the other week they ARRESTED a couple guys, impounded their quads and wrote them $1000;s in tickets for riding on state land... just not worth it, its not even fun riding where you have to worry and look over yourshoulder everytime u stock for a drink or smoke,, no fun at all, new jersey blows, go to PA, its like a quad riders paradise

I second that..I used to ride in jersey all the time.. Different places every weekend, the past couple of years have gotten crazy...We still have a spot in Jersey that we are okay at for kno...But I kno its only a matter of time before we loose that place also...

MJ is right PA is the way to go, I went once last year and I cant wait for the weather to break, its fukin awesome there....

I understand what you guys are saying if anyone is interested and down for going to pa one weekend then I am def down I mean we have a trailer so we could pick someone up if anyone needs it. I'm just a kid with a quad in jersey trying to ride haha like everyone else from jersey on here. If anyone wants to go riding this weekend or next let me know or lets plan something maybe get a few of us to go, I'm picking up a new (new to me 97) banshee this weekend so I'd like to take it out. Let me know what you guys think.

wacko - you dont even know the half of it man, wait will we go with less people and we will show you some trails. youll flip.. everytime we go we end up finding all new trails its fuckin awesome... and of course i havnt even seen shit yet, ive only been there about 8 times.. im hopin to hook up with meat and/or blessedwithdeath this spring/summer and get the real tour of all the surrounding areas, cant wait, as far as trails go, i couldnt imagine much more trails than this..

vwyamaha - what part of jersey u from?

MJ I cant wait..My friends go riding just about every weekend in Jersey..I dont even bother..Ill go every so often, but once the weather breaks Ill be in Pa all the time..I dont care that it cost me $220 in gas to get there and back....lol...

I have some fiddling to do with the shee, some minor adjustments, no biggie...another month or two and we should be able to head out there...

Mj what size sprockets do you run?