BILLET IMPELLER GEAR!

Are you talking about the plastic gear that connects to the rod are the rod and peller itself?

There is a reason no one makes those................ It's a fuse in the waterpump drive. If something breaks in there, then it doesn't take out everything else under the clutch cover. Plus, plastic gears are cheaper and quieter than a bronze or steel gear. :geek:

i know they make billet water pump impellers but i coulda sworn i had seen a billet gear...big ride tomorrow an i broke the plastic gear tonight...jus figured i would get a billet one if i could...jus got my bike back together an got the bugs worked out an then i break this gear a day before this big ride ....and it my birthday...DAMMIT!!!!!! on another note...anybody got a spare plastic one laying around?

Edited by imgoodatwhatido

There is a reason no one makes those................ It's a fuse in the waterpump drive. If something breaks in there, then it doesn't take out everything else under the clutch cover. Plus, plastic gears are cheaper and quieter than a bronze or steel gear. :geek:

EXACTLY what i was gonna say...and there is not nearly enuf load on the water pump to warrant a stell gear...