mikuni tm flatslide carb help

Rick

hello

i just got my first banshee just a few days ago. the quad has been modded it has a hotrods 4 mill crank kits with 66mm pistions and 5mm over on the rod i think thats what it means 4 mill +5? it also has been ported has a cool head with 18 domes in it. it has tomey t5 pipes and tipes on it the carbs are mikuni tm flatslide 38's i think. i can het pics of the carbs if need so. the question i have is it had 320 main jets in the carbs when i took them down to check and clean them i was wondering if these are the right main jet for this set up? it also has dual k&n filters on it not the factory breather box. i have just refresh the motor with new pistons, rings, all bearings and seals in motor. this thing screams but never did really ideal right from the get go but runs out great just almost like its trying to load up or something when idealing.any help would be great or at least a starting point. i have all kinds of jets that came with iteverything thing from 190 mains to 320 mains. do i need to go smaller ,bigger or could it be something else? i also just put new rubber intake boots to on it it also has adjustable timing plate on it too. but like i said the motor runs great ,strong but just dont want to ideal good.

thanks rick.

hello

i just found out the carbs are 34's mikuni tm series carbs if this helps out any. does anyone know what main jets these carbs came with any info on these carbs would be of great help to me.

thanks rick.

hello

also if anyone knows anything about my problems where is the c clip on ya needle. mine is in the second slot from bottom.

any help?

thanks rick

hey thanks for the reply and i'll pull the polits and find out what size they are.

the pilots were 50 i left the 320 main jets in and redone the c clip on the needle and adjusted them again running like a champ starts good and runs great i'm very pleased with it. things feels like its going to jerk you arms outa socket when ya crack on rips azz i love it. thanks for the help and info.

• 4 weeks later...