No RPMS above idle no matter how much I open throttle?

quick_00

Hey everyone, I have just got my first banshee. I have had other quads but thought id try a 2 stroke this time around!

Well I got the quad disassembled with a supposed fresh engine. I got it running but it will do no more than idle.

I thought the worst so I checked compression it was 120 p.s.i on both Cyl. after about 4 kicks. I am 722 ft. above sea level in Mattoon IL.

Next I went through both carbs. They both looked good, but cleaned them thoroughly anyways. I thought it might have been a problem with the exhaust so I changed it with spare pipes my brother had. Still same thing. Starts fine idles but as soon as you open throttle RPMS do not increase, but there is a very big difference in noise that comes out the intake. I have never messed around with a 2 stroke so any kind of help would be great!

Thanks for the help

They call it a TORS removal kit, you get rid of the two ugly boxes on top of your carbs. and you have to drill your carbs out for idle screws. Very easy process, just buy a kit with the tap and drill bit. Call Jeff at FAST he'll help ya out.

They call it a TORS removal kit, you get rid of the two ugly boxes on top of your carbs. and you have to drill your carbs out for idle screws. Very easy process, just buy a kit with the tap and drill bit. Call Jeff at FAST he'll help ya out.

Ill check it out I was looking at this setup, and it says it is for "ultimate throttle control" is it going to do anything performance wise? better throttle response? less resistance on the thumb throttle?

just wondering I'll probably end up going this way anyways

thanks

You don't need the kit to get rid of TORS symptoms, the parking brake problme you have is just part of the system (the one that causes the most problem case the switch sticks), just get a parking brake block off and new clutch lever would be better IMO. The kit removes the PITA FUGLY Giant Carb tops, which makes it easier to spin the carbs to jet them, but aftermarket carbs may be better money spent. Not saying it's not worth it (if you plan to stay with stock carbs for a while) but simply unplugging the TORs and getting a nice cheap yamaha Factory clutch lever w/ blockoffplate is better bang for the buck IMO.

Edited by Justintoxicated

You don't need the kit to get rid of TORS symptoms, the parking brake problme you have is just part of the system (the one that causes the most problem case the switch sticks), just get a parking brake block off and new clutch lever would be better IMO. The kit removes the PITA FUGLY Giant Carb tops, which makes it easier to spin the carbs to jet them, but aftermarket carbs may be better money spent. Not saying it's not worth it (if you plan to stay with stock carbs for a while) but simply unplugging the TORs and getting a nice cheap yamaha Factory clutch lever w/ blockoffplate is better bang for the buck IMO.

Well for now i think im going to spend my money else where, i have stock exhaust which i know is holding power back. carbs are stock but have reed spacers and primary/secondary reeds. engine is freshly rebuilt. i have 120psi compression on both cyls. at 747 ft. above sea level. 14 tooth front sprocket and stock rear sprocket.

thought about going with the gold series fatty's. not sure on silencers

Well i got a big surprize today, talked to the orginal owner and he told me the specs on the motor.

turns out it is bored over .10 weisco pistons all new rings, bearings, new crank and new Hot Rods.

so is 120 psi at 747 above sea level about right?

tonight i went ahead and got to the timing plate, it was stock so i slotted it 4mm for 4 degrees advanced. going to start tuning it jet wise hopfully this weekend.

thanks i know this is a little off the beginning topic