my computer

samc

You need to clean the CD's that you put in your computer, just like the ones that you put in a CD player on a stereo. It also might help to get one of the lens cleaners, and run it on the computer. I've had several CD's not load right on the computer, and it's usually because they are dirty, or scratched. You can buy stuff to fix both problems.

• 2 weeks later...
i tried everything man nothing works! im about to take it to arundel computers and get them to look at it im going to get the clear tower put on it so i can get my neons installed.

Sounds like possibly a software issue. Do you have an Nforce MB? I would check in device manager and remove and re-install drivers for the CD-ROM. If you have an Nforce Mb there is an integraded driver superpack that might help.

Edited by Justintoxicated

• 1 month later...

Theres a 16x samsung SATA burner on sale right now for $26 if you shop around, might even be cheaper to just replace the drive than clean your old one, and definately cheaper than having someone replace it for you.

Its not very complex for a tower, couple screws to unmount the drive, a power cable and a data cable. SHould take 5-10 minutes tops.