+2 or +4 swing arm

91tsiawd

I've searched the site to come up with an answer and still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm currently rebuilding my bike and sent my motor to HerrJugsracing for a 4mm strocker, Dune Port, case porting, etc.

After speaking with Keving he mentioned I may want to run a larger swing arm +4 to +6, but I'd rather stay between a +2 to +4. I will be riding the bike in Pa (Coal Hill, Mt Carmel, etc) and what to get everyones opinion on what will be best for me. I would like the bike to handle (Still run some tight trails and jump the bike) but would like to also keep the front end from lifting on hills, and when launching the bike (Drag race a bit in sand and on the pavement). I just need to hear how people feel their bike handles and how much the bike lifts with a +2 or +4. Any help would be great.

man i have been through this one.. i have both a +4 and a +2.. the +4 is shitty for trail riding, you spin a lot, wheelies are gone, and the bike is way too long to throw around in tight trails.. i have a +2 and love it. not too big and not too small to rip through trails and climb some pretty serious hills.. i ended up putting a cub motor on my bike, i ran across a +4 pretty cheap so i put it on there and put the +2 on the shelf, needless to say, due to the length and power of the bike, i bought another banshee just to trail ride with, i installed the +2 the other day, it is perfect, it gives you so much control over the bike (especially for wheelies) you can go fast and be in control of when u want to ride a wheelie.. i hope this helps.. trust me i would go with a +2.. sometimes more is not better.. the +4 and up is good for drag bikes and dunes.. for trails and rec riding it flat out sucks..

Thanks for the response. I've been trying to decide on which swinger to go with for a couple weeks. One of my friends who is riding a stroked 400EX wast telling me to go with the +2 as well. I just needed to hear from someone else with a Banshee before I picked the wrong swingarm (It always cost less to do it right the first time). Looks like I'm now in the market for a +2 round style housing swingarm. Thanks again

If it was only climbing I'd say +4 but go with the +2 if you're riding trails.

I find the +2 easy to toss around the trails.

I also ride at coal hill and everywhere else in the area. I bought a +4. To tell you the truth it sucked on the trails, I hated it so bad I cut a 2 inches out of it. +2 is the way to go for all round ridind. Im pushing about 90 hp at the rear wheels, The +2 works well. The front pops up a little but its not bad.

I also ride at coal hill and everywhere else in the area. I bought a +4. To tell you the truth it sucked on the trails, I hated it so bad I cut a 2 inches out of it. +2 is the way to go for all round ridind. Im pushing about 90 hp at the rear wheels, The +2 works well. The front pops up a little but its not bad.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, I'm looking into a couple diffrent swingarms now. The Cascade +2 setup with the round style housing/carrier Unfinished $550. (Will be powder coating everything the same color).

The Tdubracing setup Round style on E-bay $304 without carrier. Round style carrier is only $168 from M&M ATV

The +2 chrome swingarm from M&M ATV with carrier $600.

I need to talk to each place first to see how much it will cost for brake line clamps and a skid guard plate. So far I'm leaning towards the Cascade setup (looks extremely strong).

Anyone know of any pros or cons between the following brands?

When i tore down my shee for the rebuild I decided to go with a +2 and I think It was a great decision, You can still whale through the trails no prob, It helps keep the front end down alittle with the new power but at the same time you can still wheelie with no prob if thats what you like...

I went to coal hill for the first time about 1 month ago and the +2 swinger did very well on the huge coal hills....

When i tore down my shee for the rebuild I decided to go with a +2 and I think It was a great decision, You can still whale through the trails no prob, It helps keep the front end down alittle with the new power but at the same time you can still wheelie with no prob if thats what you like...

I went to coal hill for the first time about 1 month ago and the +2 swinger did very well on the huge coal hills....

what he said.. you nailed it. i agree, the +2 is the ultimate choice for that type of riding.. its a happy median for the riding that we do, kinda like having your cake and eating it to,, right wacko?? nice shocks by the way, i have a set identical to them, do u like them?? works set mine up on the soft side, i am not happy with them., they gave me a hassle on sending them back to get redone with there 30 day ride guarantee.. i will never buy shocks from them again..