Crysis in 1080P

Anyone else played this one? I don't think it will come out for X-box or PS3 as they are probably not fast enough to handle the load. Whoever says graphics are not important is in denial. This game was worth playing jsut because the graphics and interactive environment. Shoot through trees in the jungle and stuff falls down, branches break etc, crash into small trees in a jeep and they will break, shoot someone in dense tall grass and you will have to go search for it. You can shoot out tires on vehicles etc. And the graphics are by far better than any other game out too.

On Medium it probably still has better graphics than any other game, but on high and ultra watch out. Water effects look real. Run under a waterfal and get water on your goggles and watch it beed off as you run. I love it!

I stopped playing bioshock at the beginning, and World in Conflict, it's hard going back to bioshock now because the graphics just don't compare and the gameplay isn't much better if at all, in bioshock when your standing under water it has a pretty neat effect but crysis takes it to a whole new level. You probably need at least an 8800GTS to run it, it runs alright on my old overclocked opteron and 8800GT as well. Need SLI and DX10 to really enable ultra and forget about running any kind of AA at 1920x1080p. But even without it just wow...

Here are some screenshots of the regular gameplay. I'm going to try the DX10 hack later tonight to enable the DX10 effects in DX9.

http://webpages.charter.net/bliss/

Edited by Justintoxicated

• 3 months later...

you dont need an 8800GTS to run this, i have a 3870 and i play this at 1440x900 on all high (XP), and the frame rates are fine. I do see it drop once i put AA on though, the new 8800GTS G92 would definatly handle this game nicely, idk about the resolution your running though, thats pretty high.