jetting help

rtg_61184

alright i just got my 01 banshee not to long ago and have only had a chance to ride it once but did not get to do a plug chop. what do you guys think i should start with needle wise and main jet.

+4 timing, t5's, bored .03 over, cool head 21cc domes (not sure of compression because i dont have it yet), porting (im not sure what kind or how much the guy i bought it from just knew he had it ported and thats it), boyesen pro reeds, stock carbs, k&n pods

current jetting

27.5 poilot

toomey needles 4th position

340 mains

it seemed a little rich last time but that was with stock head not sure how much compression affects jetting.

Every bike is different and the environment is the one that will dictate the jetting.

Temperature and elevation are some of the variables we need to know to give you a better estimate.

From my understanding, compression should not have an effect on jetting. Bike should feel stronger at lower rpms (bottom - mid).

Advancing the timming does need jetting changes. With the added compression should not be over looked.

Also, if it is ported, without airbox and all the mods you listed 370 mains sound good to start jetting and work your way down if needed. For the moment leave the jet needle in the 4th clip position.

Another thing you can do is keep the actual jetting, warm the bike take a short ride and pull the choke. If it runs better at FULL throttle, then go up on the mains at least 2 sizes. Test again. When the main has been set, start on the jet needel, etc.

If you ride the bike and does not pull, revs by itself, seems to be getting hot, backfires, probably is running lean.

Hope this gives you an idea on what to look for. :cool: