jetting way off?

krazy jake

Ok so a while back me and my dad rebuilt the engine .before that it ran perfect (bought it used) any way so after we rebuilt it then shee wouldnt spark . well turns out the cdi went out and when we went to buy one it wuznt even a banshee cdi! It rigged of of an older model 600 honda!! :down: gyah. who would do that! any way so after learning this we purchased a new cdi and from RS had to rewire the whole thing cuz the rigged honda cdi had wires all crossed to make it work. :blink: any way so now we finaly got it to run and it would waste a buttload of gas and bogg odown low :ohmy: we didnt mess with the jetting and it ran perfect before! :verymad: it would just blow raw gas out the exhaust when idling(btw this is after i took the lid of the aribox) but WOT it wouldnt. So we checked the carbs and turns out some ding bat had a 32.5 pilot and a 200 main!! so we ordered som jets from jeff at F.A.S.T :wub: and the y got hre ystrdy . he said to use a 27.5 pilot and 320 main for my mods(lid of airbox timing advance 4 degrees fmf gold series pipes) So they got here ystrdy putem in and it still blow raw gas out the exhaust and now it boggs like a mofo wide open ! so i thaught t had to be the needle clip in the wrong positon so i cheked it like 10 mins ago its in the third spot!! wtf! stock clip in the stock location!. so now im stumped. i have now efn idea what to do ive checked everything i can think of at this point and im hoping you guyz could help. any ideas on what could be wrong ? or waht i could possibly do to fix it! :notworthy:

I doubt jetting is your problem. Your close enough that it would at least run. Unplug the TORS and parking brake, check the choke tube, and sync your carbs. If none of that fixes the problem, do some electrical trouble shooting. I can walk you through some of that, but try the simpler stuff first.

Ok i already removed the tors and parking break completly. i have a new msr clutch perch instead of stock also i took the box off and all the tors wires when we had to rewire the bike . the tors tops are still on the carbs though we just cliped the wires going to it until we purchase a kit. the choke tube is connected. and the carbs synced. i didnt use a tool but they arent way off they are pretty close.

Is the problem on both sides? If its blowing gas out of the exhaust, then it's not burning all of it. Do you have a good spark? Check pickup coil gap and double check the wiring. If all else fails, try to swap known working electrical parts with yours (stator, CDI, ignition coil) one at a time until you get it figured out. Good luck.