installing my timing plate

zach45

Order a flywheel puller from whoever you are getting the plate from.

You need an impact and a 16 or 17mm socket.

Pull the peg off, pull the shift lever off, pull the cover off, buzz the nut holding the flywheel off with the impact, use your flywheel puller and pull the fly wheel, 3 screws to get the plate/stator off the case, take the stator off the plate, put stator on new plate, put plate on, use blue lock tight on all screws, set your timing to where you want it by lining up the timing mark up on the plate with the split between the cases....reverse order for the rest of the stuff....its easy.

Dave

if your motor is out of the frame ad youhave someone steping on the strap wrench it would be very ez. in the frame holding it by hand its going to be harder. im sure you can get it to work but its not going to be simple. try finding someone close to you that has an impact and just buzz it off

If you have not bought the plate ... get the Ricky stator plate. Is cheaper and basically does what you need ... advance the timing.

I recently purchased one. I you can, and do not have them, get the stator cover allen bolts. Probably you will damage one of the stock bolts and allen head bolts are easier to loosen up.

Things you need:

1. the tools (remember to use the blue bolt glue)

2. something to hold the flywheel in place. Since my father is a welder, he made a simple (Y) shape tool that hooks to the wholes in the flywheel. For getting the nut out I used a car cross bar, the one you use to get the lugs out of the car's wheels.

3. Read the instructions before doing something.

4. If your bike is stock do not go beyond +4 degrees.

5. jet the bike. I had to go up 2 sizes in the main and one in the jet needle.

Hope this helps

Yes, you can feel the difference. I think the power increase will depend on the pipes. With my CPI's the midrange felt stronger. Like I said in another post, I noticed that my bike was getting a little hot so I check the jetting and after that it pulls harder throughtout the powerband.

Mods like:

advacing timing

adding compression

K&N filter and pipes really wake up the performance of the bike.

At least this is what I have noticed in my bike.