Front dirt tires in the sand?

bonzai272

Is it possible to remove the knobbies from a set of dirt tires and leave the center strip for traction? i have like 4 sets of fronts and a grinder. Is this possible?

should work. ur garage isnt gonna smell good but it should do the same thing as sand tires. i like that idea never thought of that.

Is it possible to remove the knobbies from a set of dirt tires and leave the center strip for traction? i have like 4 sets of fronts and a grinder. Is this possible?

It's possible, You'll be removing one of the two things that make a dune tire a dune tire.

The knobs....

You're not going to be saving quite as much weight, though... Smoothies are buffed to save weight too.

Don't get me wrong, you have 4 sets...knock yourself out. It's your time, and it'll be a good experiment...:)

That'll be cool :cool: they will look like Mohawks!! Shoot, bust out the SawZall and use the grinder for clean up!! Just put some pressure in the tires to minimize deflection while you cut.....

Good luck on that,

Jay from SanD.

Edited by jayzx750

I got a jig set up to try this on. Its a spindle mounted to a table it holds the tire sted-fast as hell. Gona let the rubber FLY tomorrow!!

I know its gona reek but I got an idea!! bear with me I am a :beer: redneck :beer: . I want use a car battery charger and some #2 solid copper wire. Gona turn the charger to 200 amp boost take a 6" piece of good ol #2 grab it with the ends let it turn red and just lop em off. then grind and buff. :biggrin:

Home made Mo-Hawks<-custom shit!

:evil:

Edited by TexasBansheeMan

I got a jig set up to try this on. Its a spindle mounted to a table it holds the tire sted-fast as hell. Gona let the rubber FLY tomorrow!!

I know its gona reek but I got an idea!! bear with me I am a :beer: redneck :beer: . I want use a car battery charger and some #2 solid copper wire. Gona turn the charger to 200 amp boost take a 6" piece of good ol #2 grab it with the ends let it turn red and just lop em off. then grind and buff. :biggrin:

Home made Mo-Hawks<-custom shit!

:evil:

I wanna see some pics of these tires when you get done with em.

And ride reports too.

:beer: