4 mil. in frames on alky.

phx450

Just finished swapping over to alky.

I will be in glamis this weekend racing the hill.

I would like to see some other folks 4mil setups. Gearing, tires, carbs, etc. First time on Alky as well! Should be fun until i break it!

Feel free to post your setups that have worked. I need some comparisions to see where im at compared to everyone else.

I have a white Duramax with a Texas longhorn flag!

fouledout420 and badassbanshee479 both have strong running 4 mil cubs...I don't know if you're running OEM or a cub.

This was my first year on alky, it did cost me one piston, but it was because I got a little too greedy..

Start out pig fat and slowly lean down.

I tend to like my bike a little fat, I don't see the need to lean it out to risk a motor...

Anyone that goes to alky always say the same thing, once you go meth...you'll never go back to gas.

good luck to ya....

Just got back from glamis.

Wow Alky! I will never change the bike back to gas.

I need to add another tooth to the rear sprocket. Up the hill i could use one more now with the change.

Now if only i could lose about a 100 pounds i could actually compete with the 135 jockeys at the hill.

What about reading the plugs? I ran about 7 gallons through it, and it ran great. I would like to know what im looking for in the plugs.

Anyone have any good tips on purging? Easy kits etc.

Just got back from glamis.

Wow Alky! I will never change the bike back to gas.

I just had to smile to myself as I read that...we've all said that once we made the leap of faith.

I run a quick disconnect from Direct Drive. I bought one female end and two male ends. I hook one male end on the gas valve line, and I have a small gas tank off an old snowblower I had laying around.

You probably need to run less than 1/4 gallon of gas through the bike. And MAKE SURE you use the same oil in your purge fuel as you do your alky... My bowls got gummed up because the oil I was using wasn't alky compatible...which, it's gonna mix a bit when you purge.

There is a good thread over on PS about how to read alky plugs.

Here's the quick disconnects I used. Used them all year...NO Problems. Make purging a snap.

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://www.directdrivecnc.net/Miscpage.html

I too made the switch to alky about three years ago, it cost me a piston my first time too like dajogejr. I will never go back either....now that ive got it right ive been running the same pistons for about 2 1/2 years and can still read the part numbers on them! I could probably lean it out some but its lasted forever and seems like it runs good to me. My mains are .116 what are everyone elses? I think my elevation is 900 or close to that..im just curious to see other jet sizes :biggrin:

I ran .117 mains and .122 dumps ...

The main jet isn't 100% critical...

I started out this year on alky....so, my 10 mil never saw gas.

I can tell you I started this year with 16/39 gearing, launching in 1st...and now have 16/44 gearing launching in second...and I run the same times, same MPH....

Yeah, with alky you gain power, so the bike can pull a little more gear no prob...

I ran .117 mains and .122 dumps ...

The main jet isn't 100% critical...

mm interesting...another thing interesting is my "dumps" are just normal kiehen 165 mains. I know weird isn't it, Andy at GRR set my carbs up where you can't adjust them, he told me he likes them better this way and it will work just fine. He was right ive never had a problem with them.