haulers vs sand stars

Ricehater

The 450r couldn't make it out of the holes that the kfx450 was going up. Every duner with v paddles buys them cause most of the time they are misinformed or the paddles are cheap. They stroll around the bike shop when they get done financing their machine and see those v-paddles in the parts department. Then they go "Golly gee willickers betty, its sand tires! We better get some of those and put them on the Yamaha card!" Call me crazy, but my Banshee can do everything that guy with 450r can do, and then some more that he cant think about doing. I have run the v-paddles back in the day when I started riding sand, and that whole turning thing is bull$hit!

i agree.. i started with v paddles and they suck.. went to haulers never had a problem.. just as fast thru trails as any v paddle bike.. shit im running a plus4 now and still no problems turning in sand with haulers..

I just tgot off the phone with sand tires unlimited and pelican sandsports.

The person you need to talk to and buy from is:

Jim @

Fullerton Sand Sports

(714) 898-2049

You won't find someone more knowledgeable and he'll comp cut you a paddle that weighs 9 or 10 pounds mounted with incredible hookup. Jim knows tires and will not steer you wrong. He sells Haulers and everything else so you can discuss all the options with him.

the comp cut brats are a nice tire granted.....

but i dont think they have the traction an extreme hauler has...

Have you ever ran a set? An extreme hauler, to me, is nothing more than an overwieght hauler. Only reason it gets more traction than a hauler is due to less fle because the paddles are the same. But, when your looking for a sand tire, weight is a HUUUGE thing that is often overlooked. The brats can be cut down right to the cords, weigh 9 lbs. and outhook any Hauler. Not too mention, as Snop pointed out, you can get many many different paddle variations to accommodate higher hp machines. I'm not arguing, tires are like oil, everyone like something different, I'm just pointing out my experiences and I don't think there's another tire out there that can compete with a Brat. Why don't more people use them, you ask? Because they cost $400 a pair for comp cut 6 or 8 paddles. You can get Haulers cheaper so there you go. It's hard to pay 4 bills for a pair of tires but once you do, they're friggin awesome. Best part is, IMO, they dune better than any tire, V or straight, I've ever tried. They are so friggin light, that they just float and dune and ride soft.

I've ran Extreme Haulers in different paddle counts, regular Haulers in different paddles, Edges, Sand Stars, Gliders and the only two tires I've felt the need to keep are 1) my Brats, of course and 2) my triple buff 21" Haulers. I like the Brats better but I keep the buffs to run on the spare bike. My Brats are comp cut to the point that they need to be aired twice a day as they lose a tad bit of air through the cords. But, the motherfuckers are LIIIGHT. Wait, did I already say that?

Edited by sredish

I run the 8 paddle Comp cut Brats and they are really nice tires. They are much lighter and they have a different cup design. If you watch two bikes set up the same and watch them run the hauler's throw their sand up and in the air (cool if you want to roost a buddy). But the Brats throw the sand backwards lower to the ground thus pushing the bike forward, not digging holes and forward. They are one of the only tires that I have seen that I can start out on a hill and take off and not have to get off because I just sat there and dig holes, or turn and go down the hill instead of up the hill. They are pricey, but if you don't want to pay that much get different tires..............

brats as welll fullerton sand tire also .. these tire are cut and groomed to you youre buike swing arm length riding style hp # and so on .. the ultimate in tire technology haulers are good and the staple people go buy i want those because i see those guys running them, that does not mean they are better just cool factor..

ill try and get some pics up of mine later.