Clutch Lookout + Motor mods

H guy's,

i need your help, please explain me how a lookout clutch works, if possible, with one or two pictures, because nobody, i know here in germany, knows how it works. And i will use it in my new motor.

Then, help me again, i wanna build a new motor in the next winter, i have a crankcase, with transmission, from a rd350 bike and wanna use a 4mil crank, maybe with long rods. I am a street(asphalt) only driver, like a lot of people are here in germany.

Which cylinders i should get and should i use straight cut gears?

With best regards Steamy

the lockup uses centrifugal force. it hase counter wieght on the lockup that open when the clutch spins. and locks your pressure plate down and allows no slippage.

be_1.JPG

as far as your cylinders goes id keep your stock ones and have them ported. theres alot of power tht you can pull out of those things. just keep in mind when you put in the stroker crank its not just drop in and go. your going to need porting to change the port timings, a new clutch probly a longer swinger and depending on what kind of riding your doing bigger carbs and pipes... also with the stroker your going to have to either cut your stock head or get a cool head and have domes cut for the extra stroke. start looking around on here, you will find a ton of info about differant setups. start researching which would best suite u

Hi Banshee-eman,

thanks for your explaination for the clutch.

Have you or anybody a photo, how the clucht looks, if it is installed, on the motor?

I don't have the original cylinders, i have to use others. Which are okay for street driving?

Cub, cheetah cubs, twisters, where can i get the twisters? Whats the difference at the twisters?

And what do you think about the sraight cut gears?

Thanx a lot for your answers!

Steamy

twisters are very nice cranks but not needed for what your going to be doing... just get a hotrods...

same thing with cubs. Those are drag cylinders. So unless you plan on doig wide open racing i wouldnt bother ....

Your not really going to need stright cuts either.

new_cvr_040.jpg

it bolts right on top of the pressure plate wher the springs go