Shock circlip

racer

Anyone know where I can get the retainer circlip that holds a YFZ450 damper together? I managed to lose mine while moving over the summer and I now appear to be fucked.

Email Yamaha directly. Tell them you are a college engineering student and this is part of your Mini Baja project. I don't think you can buy just this part from Yamaha, so this might be the only way to get this done. :thumbsup:

You don't happen to have one off hand do you, Mark?

Yamaha Motor Corporation

6555 Katella Avenue

Cypress, CA 90630

(800) 962-7926

That's the customer service unit at their R&D center in SoCal. I am not sure I can expediently conjure an email address this morning. Try that phone number, if it doesn;t work out well, I will try and get a direct email address for someone.

Well, I went ahead and pulled another clip out of the same damper. Its not the same diameter, however the size or wire appears to be the same. It measures .0880 in. If it comes down to it ill just calculate the circumference I need.

Well, I went ahead and pulled another clip out of the same damper. Its not the same diameter, however the size or wire appears to be the same. It measures .0880 in. If it comes down to it ill just calculate the circumference I need.

Did you not have any luck with Yamaha?

Coming up with the proper circumference sounds like something that will result in alot of trial and error after you begin the learning process involved in spring clip design theory. :geek:

I dont think it will. Yamaha is pretty good about making their clips fit tight. So I'll make the circumference of mine the same size, or a tad larger, as the inner circumference of the shock bore. Then once it springs into the clip groove I should be OK. I haven't tried them yet. Monday is probably my busiest day of the week, so it will be late in the afternoon before I call them. The 2 hour time diff is going to let me have my cake and eat it too!

• 3 months later...