Drag axle and Wheel location

phx450

I have a drag axle on my banshee and currently the wheels are set out as far as they can go. Its a lonestar drag axle, the kind that has 3 grooves you can choose from.

My question is should i move them in as far as i can? In theory i believe that the closer the wheels are the more traction you will get. Right?

2nd part to the question is that we are hill shooting (glamis olds). Its not the smoothest of hills as you guys understand, but it will be groomed.

Basically im looking for every advantage i can get when racing all the skinny kids on bikes!

Any thoughts?

I have the JJ&A Hillshooter axle for the 370R... I talked to a few people that said there isn't too much of a difference for us hill racers. They actually prefer the Hillshooter over the racing one for that extra 2.5" of length. Not too much, but enough to keep you on all fours. I

when i first got my fire ball axel i had it all the way out, i got use to it than i moved it oabout 11/2 in ches on each side.i gained a couple of miles per hr by doing that.this was in pismo flats. :thumbsup: iam not sure how it would work on the hill. :beer: :beer: :beer: