banshee porting

first off....sorry for my ignorance. I have searched for like 3 hours now and cant get and understanding of what porting really is. If some one could explain to me what porting is what it does and what the positives and negatives are. I an going to be doing some work on my 2000 shee this winter and am trying to figure out how to make a relaible 55 hp or so. But for some reason i dont understand porting. thanks for any help!! Also what would a porting jop cost if i was looking to make around 60 horsepower with all the appropriate mods. I am building my bike for all around use....trails...drag....hill climbs and just ripping around. thanks

Edited by 04titanse

first off....sorry for my ignorance. I have searched for like 3 hours now and cant get and understanding of what porting really is. If some one could explain to me what porting is what it does and what the positives and negatives are. I an going to be doing some work on my 2000 shee this winter and am trying to figure out how to make a relaible 55 hp or so. But for some reason i dont understand porting. thanks for any help!! Also what would a porting jop cost if i was looking to make around 60 horsepower with all the appropriate mods. I am building my bike for all around use....trails...drag....hill climbs and just ripping around. thanks

Get a book called Gordon Jennings 2-stroke tunners hand book. I ask my engine builder(HI-TECH HORSEPOWER) once if he could explain things, he told me to get that book. There's more to it than what I thought.

Zac

• 2 weeks later...

Air and fuel pass through the carbs and into the motor and out the pipe. The faster this happens the more power you make. Porting is removing material from the intake area on the entrance of the cylinders and other areas that air passes through in your jugs to allow for more fuel and air to pass through faster.

"Not sure if I would right a book based on this info but it should put you in the right direction" !"porting make fast"