dyna fs? am i missing something here?

freddy

ok i just bought this new dyna fs cdi box and i noticed my break lights wont come one or my headlights, does anyone know if i have to connect the extra green or brown wire that comes with the box, can anyone please help me??? thanks a lot in advance

Not sure...but I didn't know the CDI helped with the lighting....(I'm terrible when it comes to wiring/electronics)

I think the extra wire off the Dyna is for a tach, not sure.

I do know there are two wires coming off the stator that must be plugged in, aside from the one, large box style plug.

You didn't happen to unplug that shiny silver box next to the CDI, did you? that's your regulator/recitifier...

Sounds to me like you got no stator output in your lighting circuit. Put the old one back on and see if they work.

Not sure...but I didn't know the CDI helped with the lighting....(I'm terrible when it comes to wiring/electronics)

I do know there are two wires coming off the stator that must be plugged in, aside from the one, large box style plug.

You didn't happen to unplug that shiny silver box next to the CDI, did you? that's your regulator/recitifier...

The CDI has nothing to do with the lighting system, it's ignition only; you need to check two wires coming from the stator and see if they got disconnected somewhere:

Black-ground (used by both ign and lights-wouldn't run without it)

Yellow-lighting power circuit (changes to blue inside the harness and goes to both volt reg and lights and switch)

The lights WILL work without the voltage regulator hooked up...for a little while until you rev it up hehe, then all the lights will blow. If it was me I'd trace all the wires and make sure all the connectors are tight, double check the bulbs, then maybe test the stator resistance for the lighting coil...

The CDI should not have anything to do with those lights. This sounds like a secondary problem that may or may not be related to the CDI install. :geek:

Put the old cdi back in and check to see if the lights work. Or I would check for a disconnected regulator in the back near the cdi, or a grounded regulator wire or something to that nature. Yes the cdi has nothing to do with the stator lighting circuit, but if you only put on the cdi, you did something to disturb the wiring or something is messed up and not wired right in your harness. Those dyna boxes have extra leads that dont get used sometimes, also sometimes the emergency brake lead has to be grounded on the dyna for it to run right, but this still wont affect the lights.

Edited by Snopczynski