What Should I Be Expecting

I am going to drop my Banshee off at an engine builder on friday. He is going to send out the jugs to get bored and honed, then he is going to do an aggressive dune port :biggrin: , and he is going to fix any other problems it has. I also purchased some used T'5s off of eBay, What kind of power gains should I be expecting from stock? Rite now it has the air box removed and running pods, and +2 timing advance, just check my sig for the mods I have now.

What Kind of HP should I expect? I usually don't care much about horsepower numbers but I would like to get an idea anyways, lol.

T5's

Aggressive Dune Port

Pods

New Top End

Adjustable Timing Plate

Next thing on the list will be a Noss Head, and VF3 Reeds. My goal is to make my Banshee as fast as possible on 91 octane pump gas. I Don't want to pay for race gas.

Ok, so I dropped off my cylinder and cylinder head with my builder. I talked to him for about 3 hours and got a good idea of what parts to get, and what I am looking for in my Banshee. Heres the plan:

Very Aggressive Dune Port (Drag Port Minus the Booster Ports)

Top End (Bore Hone, Pistons Will Be .020)

Head Milled .080

Crank Rebuilt, Trued, and Welded

Toomey T5's

Keihen PWK 35mm

Modquad Intake Manifold

Boyesen Super Stock Fiber Reeds for the Stock Reed Cage

K&N Filters

Extend the Stock Swing arm to +5"

Skat~Trak Hauler 20x10x10 8 Paddle Rears

Skat~Trak Smooth Buff 21x7x10 Fronts

It should run rite around 200psi, This will be an AVGas Banshee. There are some other little parts but for the most part that will be it. Tell me what ya think!

Ok, so I dropped off my cylinder and cylinder head with my builder. I talked to him for about 3 hours and got a good idea of what parts to get, and what I am looking for in my Banshee. Heres the plan:

Head Milled .080

Toomey T5's

Keihen PWK 35mm

Modquad Intake Manifold

K&N Filters

It should run rite around 200psi, This will be an AVGas Banshee. There are some other little parts but for the most part that will be it. Tell me what ya think!

60 to 65 hp.and i dont think that you can shave the banshee head .080 th,but what do i know. :cool: :cool:

Head Milled .080

Toomey T5's

Keihen PWK 35mm

Modquad Intake Manifold

K&N Filters

I can tell you for sure that you will not get 200psi out of that motor with drag porting with that head. I am worried now.

Brandon

60 to 65 hp.and i dont think that you can shave the banshee head .080 th,but what do i know. :cool: :cool:

I didn't think you could shave it .080 either, so I asked him twice and then he showed me one. It was milled .080 and it was converted to use O-Rings. His Banshee and his wifes Banshee are both shaved .080 as well.

Edited by xLastShotx

I can tell you for sure that you will not get 200psi out of that motor with drag porting with that head. I am worried now.

Brandon

Its not quite going be a drag port, just very very close. My Banshee is going to end up almost exactly the same as his wifes, hes doing all the same mods as her Banshee just a little bit more aggressive port on mine and shes running 28mm Carburetors and I am going to run 35mm. His wife is running at 190psi with the stock head milled .080, its been running that way for 2 years now and no problems.

Probly depend on how good of a port job you get. Port work not done right can take away power. Who are you having do the port work? :confused:

A guy name Pete who runs an out of garage shop called Bottom Line Performance in Sun City. He has been doing port work for 15 years, and has been working on ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles for longer. I found out about him from my mechanic and longtime friend who runs Wild Bill's Performance, He had a good friend that went to Pete to have his Banshee done, I talked to Bills friend and he was extremely happy with his port and all the work Pete did. Also I did see some other cylinders he had ported a few weeks ago and I can say that the port work on them is top notch.

Edited by xLastShotx

The reason I decided to change my mind on trying to make it as fast as possible on 91 is, number one it well never be that fast on 91, and number two the prices of gas around here:

91 Pump Gas__$3.39pr/gal____$16.95five/gal

AVGas 100LL___$4.29pr/gal____$21.45five/gal

VP-110________$8.92pr/gal____$44.60five/gal

For 90 cents more why not go AvGas. Theres no way I would pay for VP way to expensive ($5.53pr/gal more than 91 pump, and $4.63per/gal more than AVGas), I have heard that there is less expensive race gas then VP, but none of the shops around here carry it, I have never even seen any other brands.

Edited by xLastShotx

I can tell you right now if you're running 190 to 200PSI 100 octane gas isn't going to cut it...

he may be shaving off .080 from the head, but he's also recutting the squish angle, etc...and oringing it.

A stock head cut properly and Oringed is a great setup.