yan

i have stock rimes on my banshee and razr tiers

i think the stock rimes are 9 inches

so is it worth getting smaller rimes 8 inches or whatever

also holeshots tires are they good all around tiers

lets say holeshots tiers and 8 inch rimes how many inches would that be

i am kinda looking for the same setup as the new quad racer

need better tiers than razr

I like Holeshots but opinions vary and there's other good tires out there, just depends on what you're doing. Holeshot MX tires wear out fast but hook up pretty well, they are light but that also means they aren't very puncture resistant. I ran Holeshot XCR/XCT in the desert and they were ok, got me the ground clearance I wanted but they are heavy (and look humungous), pretty decent at puncture resistance too. I'm running Holeshot HD's front (21") and back (20") right now and love 'em, I think they work great all-around.

Anyway yes the rear rim is 9" diameter, 10" (I think) wide. You can run 8" diameter or 10" diameter, it just changes how much sidewall you'll have on a given tire (which are typically 18", 20" or 22" diameter on the rear). Some tires are only available for certain rim sizes; like I don't think you can get 22" Holeshot XCR's for 8" rims, not that you'd want to because that would be a massive sidewall and it would roll like crazy on turns. On the flipside a taller sidewall will mean hitting rocks or whatever is less prone to trash your rim.

LT450R's come with 18" rear tires, which you can get to fit the stock 9" rims (depending on the brand and type of tire you get). I'm not sure but I bet the LTR uses 9" rims as well. I think they are about the best rim size for all-around use, trail riding, etc. Personally I like 18" tires more than 20" but in gnarly trails you'll be dragging the swingarm skidplate in deep ruts or hammering it on obstructions left & right. You'll also lose top speed with smaller rear tires unless you change the gearing (go up a tooth on the front and/or down some on the rear), BUT you'll gain accelleration; great for MX stuff and places where ground clearance isn't an issue. 20" is a good compromise, your best bet for all-around riding and doesn't change your gearing; 22" has lotsa ground clearance but you lose acceleration/gain top speed with the same gearing, and they are usually heavy as fuck. Rim size will correlate to the tires you decide on; 8" or 9" for 18" tires, 8",9" or 10" for 20's, 9" or 10" for 22's. 9" rims will work for any of 'em (usually), 8" are ok for 18" tires but only necessary if you ride in alot of rocks and need/want the bigger sidewall; 10" are of for 20" or 22" tires but you'll have a lower tire profile...

Check out http://www.rockymountainatv.com and look at the package deals or tires to fit your stock rims.

thank you

you were very helpful

so hd holeshots are good tiers

what about the gncc holeshots i know they must be good but like you said they are probaly soft so they die alot faster

the hd holeshots last long (within reason no smoke shows)