vitos 4 mill stroker crank

brand new vitos crank and 80 over pistons hearing chatter behind waterpump cant figure it out i cant find anny thing wrong with the crank but something in there is making a hell of a noise ive tore this thing down like 6 or 8 times and cant figure it out

brand new vitos crank and 80 over pistons hearing chatter behind waterpump cant figure it out i cant find anny thing wrong with the crank but something in there is making a hell of a noise ive tore this thing down like 6 or 8 times and cant figure it out

Sounds like clutch noise to me. If you like tearing it down, might as well do it again and check the basket cushions and basket fingers for wear. You can also remove the clutch all together and fire it up for testing. The clutch generally has some noise. If it gets a bit quieter when the engine is revved, that is likely the case.

brandon

no im getting tired of tearing it down but that was my guess also so im waiting on my clutch from the shop took it there last week to get new cushions put in but even with the clutch of the thing still has some chatter dont know if its piston slap or bearings just bought the crank went through the warm up cycles and one ride about an hour then the next day started hearing the noise

It will be the clutch cushions. Mine did that, was told it was the crank, bought a cub, 4mm crank, spent close to 4000 dollars, and then found out it was the clutch cushions.

lol, you act like that was a bad thing :wink:

Well being my first banshee, a 421 cub is going to be exciting. Its not a bad thing, except the 4 grand. lol :thumbsup: