Very new to jetting

Merlin

Hey all,

The site has been exreemely helpful so far as I have made a few mods to my shee.

I keep taking things apart and fixing/upgrading as I go along and my next thing is to get the jetting spot on.

So as of now, I have FMF fatty's, powercore II silencers, timing +4, v-force reeds, and K&N filter with a K&N lid.

I want to play with the jetting, where should I start and what should I have in the garage to tune properly, in the way of jets, needles, etc.

Thanks

Hey all,

The site has been exreemely helpful so far as I have made a few mods to my shee.

I keep taking things apart and fixing/upgrading as I go along and my next thing is to get the jetting spot on.

So as of now, I have FMF fatty's, powercore II silencers, timing +4, v-force reeds, and K&N filter with a K&N lid.

I want to play with the jetting, where should I start and what should I have in the garage to tune properly, in the way of jets, needles, etc.

Thanks

what`r your temps n elevation up there?

Sorry about that,

0-maybe 500ft

I run in the winter and summer, so 0C t0 30C, I think that would be 32F to about 90F

25 maybe 27.5 pilot, and about 300-320 main. try 320 first. do a plug chop. in colder temps you might need to be a hair richer.

temperate change makes a big difference, you cant expect the ride with the same main jets in all year round.. i found mine ran good in the winter with a 300 main with the lid ON, but in the summer its way too rich with the lid on, i took the lid off and kept the 300 main and it runs great. every bike is different... gota experiment a little, but with a k&n lid on there, which is almost the same as no lid.. u should be runnin at least 300 or richer,