Bad Bearings From FleaBay

ojcool

So heres the story.. 8 months ago I rebuilt my top end, my neighbor who's bike was way overdue for a rebuild got jeleous and decided to do the same... Only difference is he bought his piston kit of ebay (wiseco) and the guy was offering "free wrist pin bearings" to sweeten the deal on the kit... Well, a week ago we were riding and his engine locks up.

Well, those "free bearings" totally failed.

i'm not sure if this is true or not but i believe the pistons from wiesco always come with bearing and circlips. at least on my sons 50cc and 80cc bikes they did. its all a kit. i say i'm not sure because i have never done anything to my 96 shee piston wise. :shrug:

Edited by sandmouse

Well, the bearings look the same as a set of stock ones, I dont' know if they are wiseco or not. I would look elsewhere for the failure but one bearing complety fell apart and the when the other one came out it fell into 3 pieces. No eveidence of detonation on the pistons. He has a noss head SRP reed cages and FMF Fattys. He has 330 jets in it and 30 pilots.