Do I have to pull the clutch release lever out of the CRANKCASE

I have a Clymer's manual and I'm reading up on clutch cable replacement (mine is frayed) and it is quite the process to pull the clutch release lever out of the crankcase...

Do i need to do this to replace the clutch cable, -OR- can I just connect the new cable to the lever with it in the crankcase still ???

Any help would be GREAT !!!

TIA ~DaVe

its pretty much centain your going to have t adjust your clutch... your old cable was stretched... so you will have to take off the clutch covre and adjust it from there...

not necessarily. if the clutch was never adjusted at the boss to compensate for the cable being stretched and the adjustments were made only at the perch, you may luck out and be able to only readjust the perch. isn't the under the cover adjustment the beginning point and should always be the same, with the arrows lining up? the cable stretching won't change that, unless it was moved to compensate being out of adjustment at the perch rather than getting a new cable.