Buying a street bike, what do I look for?

All i want is something faster than my old CBR600, Just figured a 929 would be alot faster, from the start and end.

I got another offer, he wants to trade me a 2001 R6 for my TRX 250R but his bike has 24,xxx miles, is this alot for a bike? Do the top ends in them need to be replaced like most bikes after so many hours??

All i want is something faster than my old CBR600, Just figured a 929 would be alot faster, from the start and end.

I got another offer, he wants to trade me a 2001 R6 for my TRX 250R but his bike has 24,xxx miles, is this alot for a bike? Do the top ends in them need to be replaced like most bikes after so many hours??

It's alot of miles if you are in a climate that has snow. If you are in SoCal or a similair place then 10k miles per year can be fairly normal. I was putting about 5k per year on my Harley with my short commute when I lived in SoCal. :thumbsup:

i dont know much about bikes. but the 2006 R6 is sweet. I heard it is the most advanced bike out.

not to be a jackass or anything but the R6 is not the most advanced bike out. the R1 has adjutable velocity stacks. the new Gixxer 1000 has selectable fuel maps the can be slected at the right thumb. the 929 aint no joke but it will only go as fast as you twist the throttle. i prefer the gixxer lineup over the yamaha. much much more comfortbale ride. not alot of saddle time on the 929 but enough on the 900. very very comfortable bike for me but then again im only 5' 9". the ducati if your intrested in one, is a fun bike to ride but the egronomics of it for me are to agressive for normal everyday riding. a ducati of the same class porbably wont outrun a jap bike but is like my buddy said " you can have a corvette that will pretty much spank everything out there from across the pond except the super sport exotic cars and you can get it for cheaper but it still aint a lamborgini" just find the bike that you are comfortable on and go wiht it. that price sounds about right

If that motor has been taken care of meaning regular oil changes etc... Those miles are nothing. It's not unlikely to see those motors go upwards of 6 digits. I've seen a 929 with 70k on it and never any problems other than typical maintenance. I have 24k on my bike and runs like the day I bought it.

yeah, milage really depends on location and length of the riding season. here in pa i'm lucky to have 5 good months of riding, maybe 6 with cooler temps. that's betweent the rain of course. the most i've heard of on a cbr is around 60,000 miles and it's supposedly still going strong. of course it all depends on how it's taken care of. my '92 f2 only has 17,000 on it, but i've been slacking on seat time the past few years.