toomey jet kit

hey, im at sea leval , nothin higher than 1000 ft, i got T5's/ k&n w/outerwear / no lid / VForce3's... the jet kit that came with pipes said 280 main/ their needle on 4th clip(counting from flat end down) and air box lid off.. i put the 280 (fattest it gave me) in and it still felt very lean, power dropping off mid to top, so i bought some 300's and put them in, it seems to run pretty good, whats eveyrone else run as far as mains at sea leval with same mods?

i thought the kit says to keep the lid on.

I think the kit is for their uni filter and 12 holes in the box,. but those jets arent for everyone no matter what they swear. A good starting point is about 8 steps up from stock. ex. 220 to 300.

The jet kit you get from toomey is for a completely stock bike other than their pipes and filter/airbox mods. You probably need to bump it up to a 320 main or so. Always better to be a tad rich and then do plug chops to get it back down to the optimum jetting. Thats just my guess for you main from what I've read on here, I'm at 7200 feet and a 270 main was rich with the pipes and filter mods on my bike. You just have to play around with it because most bikes are gonna be a little different.