How many links for a +4 s-arm

sand4ever

I am finally getting ready to buy a chain, how many links for +4 with stock gearing. I did a search and found nothing useful. So how many do I need, rocky mountain sells them in alot of different lengths. So will it be 116, 118, or 120 to make length. Also I have read on here no one uses oil on the chain. Does the wd-40 really work? i like the RK chains and what kind of chain do I want o-ring, x-ring , or non ring. We only ride in sand. thanks in advance

Edited by sand4ever

Just buy the 120 and take off links as needed. That's what I did when I put on my +2. The price difference is like $4 between the shortest number of links vs. the most. RMATV also sells a $10 chain breaker in case you don't have one yet.

Edited by Wallrat

I am finally getting ready to buy a chain, how many links for +4 with stock gearing. I did a search and found nothing useful. So how many do I need, rocky mountain sells them in alot of different lengths. So will it be 116, 118, or 120 to make length. Also I have read on here no one uses oil on the chain. Does the wd-40 really work? i like the RK chains and what kind of chain do I want o-ring, x-ring , or non ring. We only ride in sand. thanks in advance

It depends on what size sprockets you are using. I am running a +4" arm with what I seem to remember is a 14/42 tooth gearing combo and I think I have 114 links in my chain. If you are really hard up for the info, I willfigure out for sure what I have tomorrow or the next day. It won't be too much trouble, as I can see the stamped in teeth numbers on the sprockets and I have the links I removed from the 120 link chain I bought in my tool box some where. :geek:

Hey Nice I see you changed our sig. Are you up there already? Anyways for now I have stock gearing, don't know if that will be changing or not. Haven't got to ride it much since I put it back together. Mainly just have two little breakin rides so far. I guess I will get the 120 and shorten it. So what would you use o-ring, x-ring, or non ring. And what about the wd-40 for lube? Thanks

Hey Nice I see you changed our sig. Are you up there already? Anyways for now I have stock gearing, don't know if that will be changing or not. Haven't got to ride it much since I put it back together. Mainly just have two little breakin rides so far. I guess I will get the 120 and shorten it. So what would you use o-ring, x-ring, or non ring. And what about the wd-40 for lube? Thanks

I am in the land of ports this evening and even yesterday evening. However, I am still in a hotel because National Van Lines are dirty, slutty, hookers. I would get a DID ATV Gold X-Ring Chain. :thumbsup: