i need jetting help

woodro77

i have a new motor , slight porting , nothing crazy , v-force ,+4 timing , toomey t-5 , got pwk oko's , 30mm and trying to get them dialed in ,

they were shipped to me with 155 main 55 pilot, needle in the middle ,it was cold , 25-30 degrees out , it ran great , got alittle warmer out and i got a bog just after idle , higher rpm's it was fine , i dropped the main to 152 and 52 pilot .

when the motor was cold it ran mint, no bog and pulled hard , after a couple minutes when the motor got up to full temp it started to bog and hesitate , higher rpm's were fine .

called the place i got them from ,CPW and he said go up 1 notch on the needle (leaner ) that made it worst , so i went 1 notch towards the pointy end and it got a little better , went to the last notch closest to the pointy end ( richest ) and it was better but still had a hesitation , CPW told me to try the the bigger jets , so i did that and tried all the clips spots and it was bogging and poping bad .

so i called them back and they said they would send me a different needle and to try that .

does a needle mean that much ?

have you ever had the wrong needle mess jetting up that bad ?

he said they have sold hundreds of sets of these carbs and never heard a problem like this .

does a needle mean that much ?

have you ever had the wrong needle mess jetting up that bad

Wait till you get some pwk or pj carbs. needles can make a shit load of difference.

sounds like your bike is thristy in the mid.

those needles are hard to cross reference against. so best of luck.

Wait till you get some pwk or pj carbs. needles can make a shit load of difference.

sounds like your bike is thristy in the mid.

those needles are hard to cross reference against. so best of luck.

i think its thirsty in the middle to , it runs the best when i put the clip closest to the pointy end (richest ) , and it still isnt rich enough , next size up on the pilot and it gets worst .