kinda flat on the lower rpms

ssincity

Okay put my new clutch parts in. That all works fine, Moved my needle down to the 3rd clip and still suffering from flat spots on the lower rpms. Once it gets up on rpms it pulls hard. But just doesnt seem to come up. THe jets are 155/48 we are at just over 2000ft here in Vegas. Any one have any ideas? I have never owned a stroked shee. This is a 370 that we have been toying with and once it gets up it moves! But on the lower end it sucks really bad!

Thanks

Is this a problem that just started, or has it always been like that? Could be any number of things. Are the cylinders stock? If not, who ported them, and what kind of porting? Stock carbs and needles? May just need a fatter needle.

Sorry, I guess I took for granted most would read my sig.

I got the bike as a project it was a some what running ct racing 370 stroker motor with pwk 28's cool head ported ect.......was built for a recreational rider for glamis, which is at zero sea level.

It sat for about 1.5 yrs before I got it.

I got it and tore it down to just frame and motor.

But I did eventually pull the carbs and clean (more then twice) and the reeds and soaked them.

I rode it once with a funny noise then pulled it all apart and replaced my clutch plates and other parts while in there.

Buttoned it back up and and its better then before but just kind of boggs down a little not a lot. but sure is not a peppy as the old ladys bike (stock with t5's and jetket airfilter) but in the long run will flat run like a WILD banshee.

It was on the 4th clip on the needle, I moved it to the third to see if would help. Maybe I should go the other way?

I am no expert but atleast I am not taking it to the stealer!

I was thinking that maybe CT ported the cylinders to have more top end power, which would take away from low-mid power. Porting for top end can create flat spots down low, but if it is sputtering and stuttering you may just have a rich jetting issue. If you think jetting is the issue, you need to go leaner on the needle. Raising the clip toward the top (blunt end) of the needle will make it leaner. Lowering the clip toward the bottom (pionty end) of the needle will richen the mixture. Try raising the clip and see if the flat spot goes away.

I was thinking that maybe CT ported the cylinders to have more top end power, which would take away from low-mid power. Porting for top end can create flat spots down low, but if it is sputtering and stuttering you may just have a rich jetting issue. If you think jetting is the issue, you need to go leaner on the needle. Raising the clip toward the top (blunt end) of the needle will make it leaner. Lowering the clip toward the bottom (pionty end) of the needle will richen the mixture. Try raising the clip and see if the flat spot goes away.

okay, just got back in from riding. Moving the clip up towards the blunt end did a world of diff in the powerband.

I am running 155/48 jets. Should I change those out and readjust the needle back down?

Thanks for the great advice

Do a plug chop. That'll tell you if you need to change the mains. Where in Vegas do you live? I'm out in the northwest.

Hey Man, I am near the Suncoast. you close? OH and forgot to mention. It is hard to start. Pull the choke and kick and wot for about 6 times and then it goes. Then once warmed up it will kick on first. But if you sit for 10-15 min then its hard to start again.

Edited by ssincity