Avgas 100LL, Pump Premuim, Race Gas.

jayzx10r

I've seen a lot of views reflected in the various postings on this forum on Avgas, but I was wondering if anyone has any dyno runs using 100 LL vs. pump gas vs. race gas or a mix of each in a comparison format.

I'm running 162 PSI comp @ 200' above sea level and have been using 100LL and Premium (91 octane) at a 50-50 mix for dune use. I've been happy so far and at $3.84 per G for 100LL, I have nothing but praise so far.

Feel free to offer your dyno experience or first hand knowledge.

I'm not too interested in second hand knowledge or "I heard from a friend that heard it from a friend's friend that the way to go was...."

Maybe now that my 'Shee is broken in I will recheck my compression!!

Mods are in my sig...I just guessed at my dome size though. I'll correct it when I pull the head.

I went from a 165 main to a 155 and put the needle in the middle position from the #2. Going to a 152 and will also replace the 52 pilot with a 50 or 48 by my next ride.

Thanks, Jay.

Edited by jayzx750

If everything else is equal with with the fuel except octane, using a higher octane fuel than required will actually reduce power slightly. The energy content in higher octane fuel is less than lower octane.... Again, this only applies if everything else in the fuel is the same...There are many different blends of fuels, even within a single company.