I want to bore my jugs

DraveN

Ok so im not a pro at this stuff so here i am. My bro took my two jugs to a shop to get bored and fixed to save me the troubles of buying two new ones which can be rathy pricey. They said they will have to go 50 over and will give me the works and there is plenty left to work with. My mom's husband is telling me you have to re-sleeve them after you bore them with nikisl(spelling?) which can be $100 a sleeve because the jugs are aluminum and aluminum jugs with aluminum pistons = no go. Anyone who has done this or knows about it please help me so i can know for sure. This will be the second time i've done this in 8 months and the first time was done wrong because of the idiot husband giving me bad advice so im kinda leaning towards him being wrong again.

Listen to the machine shop, if they say they can bore and hone them and there is plenty left, then go that route, Is your Moms husband a machinist or does he work on motors? Not trying to bash your moms husband but I'd be careful following his suggestions. Might be a good time for some porting since they need boring anyways. Just my thoughts.

Listen to the machine shop, if they say they can bore and hone them and there is plenty left, then go that route, Is your Moms husband a machinist or does he work on motors? Not trying to bash your moms husband but I'd be careful following his suggestions. Might be a good time for some porting since they need boring anyways. Just my thoughts.

Good advice :P Nah, the thing with him (i don't like him so no offense taken) is he use to race 2stroke dirt bikes and he was the mechanic of his sons bikes and he has this whole "know it all" attitude but uh thanks for your advice and if anyone else whats to throw in their opinion it will be greatly appreciated.