Bairdy13 and the a-arm/tie rod issue

Mullet Man

Yep it is a pain in the arse alright but if it all works it will be worth it. Yam04 what shocks were u useing?

Firehead, I only ordered +2+1, I hope that is what they sent!!! Also how exactly to you measure your caster? I could be doing something wrong they way I have been doing it. I do mostly trail so I will set it up to 0 if i can do it with out the top arm hitting the shock.

Caster is the imaginary plane that is formed by drawing a line through your upper and lower, outer heims. You measure it by finding something to reference (like locking front brake with a tie strap and using the wheel studs) and the putting an angle finder across it. You can get the angle finder at any hardware store.

If you don't like that method let me know. I have a few others. :thumbsup:

By placing a large square on flat ground and up against the bottom heim, measure the distance to the bottom spindle, say 10mm. measure to the top spindle at first it gave me 28mm. take the 10 from the 28 will give you one side of a tringale. measure from top of to bottom of the spindle. it gave me about 104mm. then use a bit of trig to give u the angle. Or if u know the angle u need say 4.5 and the spindle length you can use it to figure out what the distance should be at the top, which was about 8 mm. I know not the best way to do it!

I just went and brought a magnetic angle indicator. So that should save a lot of stuffing around!!

I'll try and get it set up tonight and post pics of the outcome. lol Hope it works!! Thanx guys.

By placing a large square on flat ground and up against the bottom heim, measure the distance to the bottom spindle, say 10mm. measure to the top spindle at first it gave me 28mm. take the 10 from the 28 will give you one side of a tringale. measure from top of to bottom of the spindle. it gave me about 104mm. then use a bit of trig to give u the angle. Or if u know the angle u need say 4.5 and the spindle length you can use it to figure out what the distance should be at the top, which was about 8 mm. I know not the best way to do it!

I just went and brought a magnetic angle indicator. So that should save a lot of stuffing around!!

I'll try and get it set up tonight and post pics of the outcome. lol Hope it works!! Thanx guys.

I was having trouble following your mathematical process there. The angle finder ought to solve al your problems. :thumbsup: