new mods

skyline_898

Ok, i have some money to spend and need some new parts for the shee. What mods shoud i get. I am not porting soon, but will in the next year. The only mods i have are pipes. Also, when i get it ported, can i get a woods port and put a mid-high range pipe to have good power all around or will it be better to get a dune port.

i ride usually in my backyard, about 11 aceres and have a airstrip next door :evil: so i do alot of drags

any suggestions?

Might do a search on this as it seems to be a VERY popular ? but i will give you some input. Depending on how much you want to spend , you have pipes already so next go with a timing plate set at +4 degrees. Then get some V Force 3 reeds, and a cool head w/domes. You will get very noticeable gains with these 3 mods!! Might even gear down the front sprocket 1 tooth for woods riding if needed. Then the next mods would be porting and carbs. If your dragging alot sounds like you may want a Play/Dune port but you should prolly talk with a shop/builder and discuss that when the time comes.

ok not to sound retarted, but what exactly does a +4 timing do?

Basically, your plugs will fire 4 degrees of crank rotation advanced from stock. It will give your bike better low and mid-range torque. Too much advance can cause detonation and burn a top end up in no time flat. Typically, the more you advance your timing, the higher the octane of gas you will have to use.