crank web question

i_bleed_blue

i baught a used crank off e-bay a while back when i got it i looked at the rods for up and down movement and no play looks like a newer crank and when i went to put it in a motor i noticed the stator side has 1.5-2mm of play looks like the pin is coming loose or was not pressed all the way together my question is could you take it to a yamaha dealer and get it pressed back together and work properly and if so would it need to be welded i would think it would be a good idea to get it welded and what causes it to sepatate if thats the case?

almost forgot on the inner webs you can see marks like it was clamped in a jig that clamped at three points on the web possibly when it got new rod kits? there is a marking on one of the inner webs "H" and both inners have "29L" and both rods say "29L" would the "H" mean hotrods?

i baught a used crank off e-bay a while back when i got it i looked at the rods for up and down movement and no play looks like a newer crank and when i went to put it in a motor i noticed the stator side has 1.5-2mm of play looks like the pin is coming loose or was not pressed all the way together my question is could you take it to a yamaha dealer and get it pressed back together and work properly and if so would it need to be welded i would think it would be a good idea to get it welded and what causes it to sepatate if thats the case?

almost forgot on the inner webs you can see marks like it was clamped in a jig that clamped at three points on the web possibly when it got new rod kits? there is a marking on one of the inner webs "H" and both inners have "29L" and both rods say "29L" would the "H" mean hotrods?

If it were a Hot Rods crank it would say Hotrods on it. I am not sure what the IMS rods have on them for markings. It's probably just a stock crank that somebody has fooled around with. I would take it and have it trued and welded somewhere before you tried to use it. :thumbsup: