96 banshee, need opinions.

I've been skimming threw the classifieds for months now looking for an affordable banshee between 1 and 2 k and recently came across this clean 96.

"The top end has

approx 5 hours on it. The bike also has FMF fatty expansion chambers,

Powercore 2 silencers,and a boost bottle.

This quad runs great! I took it out last weekend and had no problems.

Comes with owners manual, repair manual, and certificate of origin."

WillsMestasPictures002.jpg

WillsMestasPictures003.jpg

WillsMestasPictures004.jpg

The owner said the lowest he can go is 1800, which ain't bad but I wanted some second opinions as to wether or not you think this is a good buy? I'm getting tired of not having a ride but I don't have a whole hell of alot to spend right now with college costs.

Thanks for takin' the time.

Edited by Trick2stroke

It looks like a good bike, just make sure you check the frame for cracks and that sort of thing. Do the plastics have stress marks from getting laid over. You may want to check the compression to see if what he is telling you is accurate............... :thumbsup:

Plus you can always part it out and make more than that, then buy a better one...............

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear! I'm tired of searching for one but I will definately mull it over to be sure of the condition, I also plan to test drive it or atleast fire it up for a few minutes before I close the deal.

As for checking the frame for cracks, is there any weak points on the frame that I should focus on that are prone to cracking/stressing?

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear! I'm tired of searching for one but I will definately mull it over to be sure of the condition, I also plan to test drive it or atleast fire it up for a few minutes before I close the deal.

As for checking the frame for cracks, is there any weak points on the frame that I should focus on that are prone to cracking/stressing?

Thanks, appreciate the help.

check right behind the rear motor mounts and where the sub frame meets up with the rest of it.

Well everything checked out so I brought her home. Lovin' it!

I've already added one kill to the list, first rip around the hood I ran across a kid on a predator so we lined up, had about 10-15 drag's. I won every one of them. It was a good race, I was spinning off the start pretty bad and it's running really rich. The gas that's in it is at like 10:1. :yelrotflmao: I'm gonna throw a 14 tooth on there and put my amsoil 50:1 in there and see what that does for it.

Well everything checked out so I brought her home. Lovin' it!

I've already added one kill to the list, first rip around the hood I ran across a kid on a predator so we lined up, had about 10-15 drag's. I won every one of them. It was a good race, I was spinning off the start pretty bad and it's running really rich. The gas that's in it is at like 10:1. :yelrotflmao: I'm gonna throw a 14 tooth on there and put my amsoil 50:1 in there and see what that does for it.

What sprocket does it have now?14 is the stock one so make sure it has a different one.