top end or carb adjustment?

bertski077

wats up guys...i got a 99 banshee with pretty low hours on it its on the stock pistons/rings...when i first start it up , it smokes a little from the left and more from the right then it will only smoke from the right one...but when im riding it, the smoke stops and its fine...i dont know if the right carb is running rich? or i might need rings or a new top end...i dont have any power loss at all..what could this be???

Dirty carbs, too much oil in your gas...or...a seal inside starting to go.

I'd completely disassemble the carbs and clean them inside out.

Remove them one at a time so you don't accidentally swap slides or float bowls.

Then, adjust the air screws identically. Jeff @ FAST racing sells a tool that will help you syncronize your carbs identically. Carbs out of sync can cause more smoke out of one tail pipe than the other as well...

What kind of oil are you using, and at what ratio?

If this doesn't sort it out, get a quality compression tester and see where the PSI is at.

i just cleaned the carbs a lil while ago...im running 32 to 1 with hr1 oil(expensive shit) i need to do the compression check for sure. i thought tht i had sync'd my carbs pirfect maybe i need to check them again...but if they were out of sync wouldnt it smoke all the time not just wen its cold?

the "expensive Shit " isnt always the best to run...

alot of gus on here including my self and polish run yamalube always have always will....

and as for your sycning carbs if your trying to "eyeball it" good luck! polish thought his was dead on until i got the tool from jeff. took about 3 min and now his carbs are tits on...