axle failure NICE!

bertski077

i was riding the shee today n wen i was on the pavement i herd a squeek from the bike, i hit both brakes and it wasnt the brakes squeeking...so i kept goin...all of a sudden it felt like i had a flat spot in my tire the bike was vibrating...i got home and it had lookd like the bearing or seal was melted on the sproket side of my axle...it was not locked up completly but close...could this have put my axle carrier out of round???

You're prolly ok. If the outer edge or race of the bearing is slopping around in the carrier, then I'd worry.

I felt like i was driving over rumble strips in sand on my shee end of last year, rear bearing were shot.

Carrier turned out just fine.

Thats what happened to my old banshee, It was the nastiest grinding noise. I hope it ruined my carrier so the bastard who stole my bike that night had to pay to fix it.

yeah thts wat i think cept im puttin a ext. axle on it...i was wondering how this things gonna handle since i got a stock front end w/ a ext axle...i have 450 shocks in my garage ready to go on im juust waitn till i get the ext. a arms...but i was just wondering how wierd its gonna be with ext swing arm and stock front end...?