no power and pinging

skin doc

i have a 95 shee and was having excessive smoke out of the right tail pipe. someone told me that it might need a crank seal and to put this liquid [thick] that supposed to stop seal leaks.i did that last week and i changed the oil. i let it set till today and when i went to see what was up,it ran real bad with alot of pinging and it had no power at all. the smoke wasnt as bad but some was still there.do you think that stuff did something to my engine? i was going to drain the oil tomarrow and see what up then. also none of the smoke ect even happened until i changed 2 cycle oil from klotz to maxim [smoke free].i mixed it 20 to 1 like i was told and it has run bad. i just got the bike not too long ago .could the oil be too much ? should i drain the oil and gas and mix it 40 to 1 like i read that alot of guys do on here? i really want to ride cause i got the bike not long ago but havent rode it much. i dont want to mess it up at all. ihope that you all can give me some help on this.................. :banghead:

I think I talked to you once before, but yes right side smoking bad is usually a crank seal. I would recommend not to put anymore of whatever the hell you put in it the first time. As for you excessive smoke issues, I would have to say its due to the fact that you're running 20:1. That ratio is wayyyy to rich. Most who run alky run 32:1 but the most common for pump gas is 40:1, myself I run 50:1 with no problems.

As for this stuff that you put in it, did you mix it in with the gas or with the clutches? If its in with the gas you will have to disconnect the hose going to your carbs and open up your petcock and drain it into a gas can or whatever then mix yourself up some new gas at 40:1. If you put it in with the clutches go ahead and drain it and put in new stuff, I use Belray 85w gearsaver. If it seems to run better and still smoking bad out the right side you can do a leak down test which consists of removing the clutch basket and whatever else is in the way til you can get sight of the crank seal. Then pressurize the motor to 6 PSI and look for bubbles around it, if thats what you see, bite the bullet and split the cases.

I dont know of any easy fix for a crank seal other than splitting the cases and straight up replacing it but if you keep putting addative junk into your shee Im guessing something else will go to hell soon.

Edited by platinumjason

could that make the right side smoke too? it was running fine until i went too deep in the water. it was deeper than i thought

thanks jason and yes you did talk to me before.i put it in the gearbox not the gas.i'm going to drain all the gas and try the 40 to 1 it seems like its got no power.i'm going to change the plugs also.thanks again i'll email you back with the results tomarrow......peace bro