K&N Clamp on

I love the K&N filters, but i had a lot of problems getting the midrange right, the bike just dont want to run with clamp on filter,great topend, but thats all, i know that if the filter or distance between carb and filter is to short or have a closed back the pulse or soundwave get reflected and interfere with the amount of fuel getting into the motor. I've put a 2 into 1 y boot system on (by frome yamaha 73-75 RD350 y boot) its really cheap its the same y boot that pro flo use, but much cheaper from yamaha, i bet they get theirs form yamaha. I can get you the part number, anyway it works great, better midrange and jetting sorted. What K&N clamp on do i have to use if i want to replace the y boot with 2 clamp on filters, any have a K&N part number. What mains and pilots will it settle more & less with pro circuit pipes?

Thanks

My spelling is not good im from SA

i don't seem to have a problem with my k&n clamp on's in the mid range, they actually worked much better everywhere in the power band... & i also have Pro-Circuits but with 28 Flat slides. i have it jetted at 310/30 & air screw tured out 1.5 turns, i'm at sea level.

http://www.kimpex.com/catalog.php?action=s...43&section=

I love the K&N filters, but i had a lot of problems getting the midrange right, the bike just dont want to run with clamp on filter,great topend, but thats all, i know that if the filter or distance between carb and filter is to short or have a closed back the pulse or soundwave get reflected and interfere with the amount of fuel getting into the motor.

your reeds block the back charge of the waves.

you sound like you have a jetting issue. most likely with open filter = more air you need more fuel. try raising yourneedle a clip and see how it runs.