what do you think of eBay a-arms?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more of my oppion i know plenty of people that have got them and loved them but when im gonna put somthing on my bike that could mean my life i tend to go with a reputable company like lonestar, leager, and such. Iv also herd the owner of fullflight was the previous owner of ugly a-arms and they were total shit.

I've got ASR a-arms and have had them for some time, with zero problems. The guy is super nice and easy to deal with.

I would rather have LSR or Roll, but for the money ASR can't be beat. Some people don't have $600+ just for the arms.

Plus, most of these are only knock-offs of an expensive brand.

I've got ASR a-arms and have had them for some time, with zero problems. The guy is super nice and easy to deal with.

I would rather have LSR or Roll, but for the money ASR can't be beat. Some people don't have $600+ just for the arms.

Plus, most of these are only knock-offs of an expensive brand.

I agree. My asr's hold up fine to my abuse. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are not totally symmetrical(sp) left to right, but that is solved by adjusting the hiems so its not that big of a deal. I would go with the asr's, but NOT the fullflights. The fullflights are all heim joints which will make it a bitch to dial in the alignment. If you do get the asr's I would reccomend the set that has the upper a-arm on hiems for the balljoint as well as the frame pivots so you can adjust your caster. Heres a link to the ones I'm talkin about.....click

My bad if they are the same ones you already posted but I didn't look at your links.

Later

Life issue is a good point but money is another. Ugly a-arms, that doesnt inspire cofidence :down: Like many of you i dont have a endless budget or i will go with leager all the way. But when you mean stand the abuse, can you describe what is your kind of abusing plz? Looking at the two product, i believe the same things as you are, ASR look better than Full flight. By the way i don't race so an average kind of a-arm would do good for me. One more thing, not symetrical?? WTF??

By abuse I mean: slaming 2-foot depp whoops in 4th and hitting any jump that won't kill me if I fuck up.

By symmetrical I mean: The a-rms have bungs(internally threaded tube) welded into them at the ends for the hiems to screw into and the left side a-rms the bungs are welded on closer to the frame.

To remedy this I had to 1. gring some material off of the upper a-arm bung to clear the spring and 2. the hiems r screwed out farther on that side. It looks kinda goofy but my whole bike is a hoopty so it doesn't matter to me.

Where I had to grind is not part of a weld so it did not weaken the a-arm. And the a-arms I have don't have that gusset plate under the shock mount tube either and they still hold up to the above abuse. BUT u definetly need aftermarket shocks if you get a-arms as well as brakelines. The guy that sells the ASR arms has brakelines and they are pretty nice :thumbsup: (I bought my brakelines from him). Hope this helps. :beer:

Edited by letsgetthisdone

I was also looking into these because of the price & have not heard anything bad about them. What shocks are you going with? I would definately not go with Fullflight's, they've broken on tooo many riders & wouldn't chance it. Anyone in here running ASR's?

I am. I think they're decent. U can read my above posts for more info.

Grinding metal out of a brand new product, that is not really what i am looking for, when buy something i want it ready to roll. But Quicksand defenitly look soplid and well manifactured. For shocks when i will replace all the front end i will go with Elka if i can afford it, i will support my country :beer: but im open to any suggestions.

Grinding metal out of a brand new product, that is not really what i am looking for, when buy something i want it ready to roll. But Quicksand defenitly look soplid and well manifactured. For shocks when i will replace all the front end i will go with Elka if i can afford it, i will support my country :beer: but im open to any suggestions.

[/qoute/]

I didn't have to grind 'em that much (i know its still grinding but.......). Maybe 1/8", if that, with a die grinder. And now that I think about I could've just screwed the upper hiem joints (ones at the frame) out a couple more turns to get it to clear. AND I bought my a-arms used from some dude that has had them since like 2000 (I'm 16 and have next to no money). I should have mentioned this earlier but my friend just put a set of thier a-arms on his 400ex and they lined up perfectly. They prolly have better quality control now.

Edit: Is it really worth the extra $200 to not have to do a little bit of McGyverin'. And where it is ground off a liitle you cann't see it so it doesn't look bad.

Another: PM guttedEF, he prolly bought his a-rms mor recently. Ask kim if he had to do any grinding.

Edited by letsgetthisdone