plug chop after mods

stew2272

Hi all,my mods are T5s,K&N pods,lightened flywheel,everything else standard,elevation around 350ft above sea level Temp around 65 degrees, the bike starts 2nd kick from cold with choke out then first time when warmed up,and she really pulls hard, maybe a slight hesitation of idle nothing to worry about, i haven't adjusted the carbs in anyway apart from addind 340 mains but im just having probs reading my plugs so i wonder what you guys think maybe lean, rich adjust needles air screws so on?

Edited by stew2272

Not sure what changed from the first set to the second set of pics, but...the first looks al little rich, the second looks damn near perfect. Maybe a tad rich. If you're happy how it runs at high RPM, leave it.

If it bogs a little out of the hole, you'll have to mess with your air screw.

Since you haven't touched anything but the mains...I'd say you're lean on the pilot...since you no longer have an air box. Try turning the air screws in 1/2 a turn, wait 20 seconds for it to take effect, go for a ride. if it gets better...try another 1/2 turn, waiting 20 seconds each adjustment.

Remember, make these adjustments when the bike is warmed up.

You could probably go to a 330 main...but, a little rich is better than a little lean...

Not sure what changed from the first set to the second set of pics, but...the first looks al little rich, the second looks damn near perfect. Maybe a tad rich. If you're happy how it runs at high RPM, leave it.

If it bogs a little out of the hole, you'll have to mess with your air screw.

Since you haven't touched anything but the mains...I'd say you're lean on the pilot...since you no longer have an air box. Try turning the air screws in 1/2 a turn, wait 20 seconds for it to take effect, go for a ride. if it gets better...try another 1/2 turn, waiting 20 seconds each adjustment.

Remember, make these adjustments when the bike is warmed up.

You could probably go to a 330 main...but, a little rich is better than a little lean...

Hi there, they are the same set off plugs just moved around a little, that's what has me puzzled can't seem to work it out why it seems richer on the other side.

Did you warm the bike up on old plugs, put fresh ones in and do a WOT run, then Kill the ignition with the throttle pinned?

Yer warmed the bike up on old plugs, put the fresh ones in kept WOT for 10 to 12 seconds ,killed the ignition, but didn't keep the throttle pinned when killing ignition, will this explain the deveation on the plugs

Try some 320 mains, 340 is a little big for a stock port motor unless it is realy cold out. Your band on the first pics looks pretty dark. If they are over 2mm in width or real dark then you are rich. The bottom pics dont look too bad but Its hard to tell how thick the band is.

Try some 320 mains, 340 is a little big for a stock port motor unless it is realy cold out. Your band on the first pics looks pretty dark. If they are over 2mm in width or real dark then you are rich. The bottom pics dont look too bad but Its hard to tell how thick the band is.

thanx 4 all your help guys