Banshee on the Dyno

Seeing a dyno run in person is fun as hell.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, so please don't take it that way. Just being honest...but, here goes. You're not going to get to 50, let alone 60HP with just bolt on mods. 45 to 48 is about what you're going to get, once they dial in your mains...If they have a generous dyno....you might get 50.

That's actually pretty impressive. Normally, piped and air filter banshees with a few degrees of timing get around 45ish.... Bigger than 28mm carbs really won't net much of a gain since you have stock porting.

One more bad point...T6 Toomey Pipes are great stock port pipes. You can do some very minor porting...and they'll still work. Once you get to a strong dune port or drag port, you'd probably actually lose HP over T5's or other pipes.

With tuning, they'll probably squeeze another pony or two out....

Post up a picture of the dyno run printout when you're done!!!!

:headbang:

So with everything i have done 45hp sounds about right. I remember looking at the curve and it had a huge dip at the end they said that they might be able to smooth it out but i totally understand there is know way i'm going to get 60hp or 50 for that matter. but i should feel one hell of a difference with it dialed in i hope

Edited by 1badshee350racer

My Holeshots are installed i dont have any other tires to run with i really dont care about numbers as long as its tuned correctly. In my opinion wouldnt you want to tune something AS IS i'm not going to be on the trails with slicks just a thought. Althought i have been wrong before so who knows BTW i am little new to the whole dyno thing what is blowing off the drum?????

Edited by 1badshee350racer

Tough call...

I think you'll be fine tuning it on the dyno with holeshots on. The deal is to tune it properly with the a/f meter (air/fuel) ....the engine needs to be loaded, or not just free reving in your driveway...:)

However, if your tires are spinning and not getting traction on the dyno (usually they use street slicks to hookup)...you may not be getting a 100% accurate dyno reading...

I'd say is definately getting the load it needs to be jetted correctly...but, you could be missing a few ponies in the reading, depending on how good of traction those holeshots are getting on the dyno drum...(blowing them off or not)...

Hope that helps....

Oh, you're fine then...that makes them "almost slicks"... :jesterlaugh:

Remember, a dyno is only a number...and a dyno will never pass you while riding.

They are good for tuning and comparing mods...but, this dyno might tell you 48HP, the next one 38...and the last one 58....

Try not to get caught up in that number (I know, easier said than done...guilty myself)...

Just be happy to ride it when it's running right!!