vf3s without porting

tonyown

it richens up the midrange, giving you a snappy feel. On a dyno, it might net 2 to 3 HP...you probably won't feel much, if anything...but, you will have better throttle response.

I think you'll get more benefits from the ported/stroked motor you plan on building, no hurt in buying them now if money is not an option.

But...that 200 bucks or so would be better spent on porting or that crank, IMO....

Yea but I'll have to buy them one day anyway... (the crank I want to buy was stock length rod...)

Save your money and build at least a 4 mil stroker.

I promise you that you wont be sorry.

Go ahead and get the reed cages. They will complement what you have now

and future mods like porting and the stroker crank.

:beer:

You're exactly right. Although the crank will drop right in to the cases without any machine work...you will have other special needs.

You'll have to get your head cut, use 795 series or blaster pistons, and...if you don't run a spacer plate (I don't recommend one) someone will have to match your porting for the longer stroke.

Make sure you get the long rod stroked crank....stroke is 2mil longer, rod is 5 mil longer....

Give Jeff a call at FAST Racing, or PM him here...his name is FASTOYS.

Even if you're not quite ready to buy, he can at least tell you what you're looking at $$ budget wise....