Drag Times?

trex banshee

We went racing at KCIR again last night and I had a little better luck and alot more fun cause I finally wasn't the only one. My brother and two other of our buddies took their banshees aswell. but anyways my best run was a 8.433 at 76.86 MPH and a 1.891 60ft. We are gonna go back next week and try it again! :baseball_original:

We went racing at KCIR again last night and I had a little better luck and alot more fun cause I finally wasn't the only one. My brother and two other of our buddies took their banshees aswell. but anyways my best run was a 8.433 at 76.86 MPH and a 1.891 60ft. We are gonna go back next week and try it again! :baseball_original:

1/8 mile asphalt, right? Cool beans...

You ever hit the 300ft sand drags, trex?

1/8 mile asphalt, right? Cool beans...

You ever hit the 300ft sand drags, trex?

yeh it is 1/8 mile asphalt. and yes we try to go to Grain Valley, Missouri as much as possible, it is 300ft dirt drags, but it is setup for cars so the track is really deep at the start.

whats your mods

well i have trex cylinders with a 4mm stroker and stock rods so it's a 427. with rocket pipes and timing advanced to 7 degrees and i run alcohol. It still isn't ported yet, just not sure if i want to spend the money on these cylinders or get some cubs next year. :shrug: . i run 15/41 gearing and a plus 6 swingarm. anyways i know it is a slow time for my mods but hopefully with a little more jetting and ALOT more practice i can break 8. I just got to get the hang of the take off and try to keep it from standing up.

yeh it is 1/8 mile asphalt. and yes we try to go to Grain Valley, Missouri as much as possible, it is 300ft dirt drags, but it is setup for cars so the track is really deep at the start.

well i have trex cylinders with a 4mm stroker and stock rods so it's a 427. with rocket pipes and timing advanced to 7 degrees and i run alcohol. It still isn't ported yet, just not sure if i want to spend the money on these cylinders or get some cubs next year. :shrug: . i run 15/41 gearing and a plus 6 swingarm. anyways i know it is a slow time for my mods but hopefully with a little more jetting and ALOT more practice i can break 8. I just got to get the hang of the take off and try to keep it from standing up.

Have you considered maybe trying some CPI's or shearer pipes.I'm using CPI's right now,but hope to switch back to shearers in the future.They pull insanely on topend.

Have you considered maybe trying some CPI's or shearer pipes.I'm using CPI's right now,but hope to switch back to shearers in the future.They pull insanely on topend.

well i had CPI's on here before I went to rockets and seemed to me these pulled a little longer. But as the night went and it got cooler it really started pulling all the way through sixth. so i am gonna go down to a .114 main, i am at a .116 now. If I knew someone who had some sheares i would love to try them!

What gear are you in when you cross the finish? I picked up a few tenths of a second on my 60' time and almost half a second on my overall time by dropping down to stock gearing. I cross the line in mid 6th gear :beer:

What gear are you in when you cross the finish? I picked up a few tenths of a second on my 60' time and almost half a second on my overall time by dropping down to stock gearing. I cross the line in mid 6th gear :beer:

well with the fifteen i was damn near topped out. every time i ran on the 15 my top speed was 76, even when i ran the 8.4 and the 8.8 my top speed on both was 76. I am not sure what to do, but i do know that i need to do some more jetting on the mains, it doesn't really like to pull very hard in sixth. I dropped the main 2 thousandths so we will see what that does. I also have a problem gettin off the line, i slip the clutch for about ohh 10 feet before it is completely engaged but then it still stands up.

well with the fifteen i was damn near topped out. every time i ran on the 15 my top speed was 76, even when i ran the 8.4 and the 8.8 my top speed on both was 76. I am not sure what to do, but i do know that i need to do some more jetting on the mains, it doesn't really like to pull very hard in sixth. I dropped the main 2 thousandths so we will see what that does. I also have a problem gettin off the line, i slip the clutch for about ohh 10 feet before it is completely engaged but then it still stands up.

I don't know how serious you are about running on asphalt but I would try getting a set of struts like mine for those nights. Having the bike down lower to the ground helps out a lot in keeping the front end under control. Granted, you'll have to re-align the front end each time you go between the shocks and struts but I think it would help a lot in getting more consistent launches and quicker 60' times :shrug:

Next time you go to the track, see if you can get someone to videotape it for you. Watching my videos helps me out a lot in figuring out where I need to make my adjustments, etc. Sometimes I'll see something I didn't realize while riding it and can pick up a few more tenths by correcting it.

If your banshee doesn't like 6th gear, try running a 38 tooth rear and use 1st-5th...see how it responds to that...it may help you off the line too. Trial and error, LOL! :biggrin:

yeah i hear what you are saying, and for how serious i am well i just do it for fun really. I was just curious has how fast my bike would run the 1/8 with what i have but now i am kinda addicted and have been going back like every week. i might look into some struts for it though, and i am going to rear gear it again like you said to try just using 5th seemed like i went faster with the gearing just couldn't get off the line, but now i am a little better on the takeoff. But like you said it is trial and error so i will try with this setup now and see what it gets me. :baseball_original:

edit: i would really like to get ahold of an override, just not sure of which one i want. Are you runnin the 1-5 full drag?

Edited by trex banshee

edit: i would really like to get ahold of an override, just not sure of which one i want. Are you runnin the 1-5 full drag?

I'm not running one now, but I have a Tyson 1-5 override sitting in my garage that I had planned to put in with the cub. I'm thinking of selling it though to get a duneable override, I just haven't decided yet.