Coolant Flushing

micorps1

Hello everyone, what is the easiest way to flush coolant? I tried draining it at the water pump by taking the hose off, but I didn't get it all out so now i need to do it again.

Also, I noticed the hose from the water pump to the radiator is extremely close to my fmf fatty pipe. I have maybe an inch of space. Anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone make stainless steel hoses or anything that wont melt?

Thank you for your help!

Open up the cap on the radiator, then find a screw thats on both sides of the engine. Unscrew both of those, but be ready to catch the coolant cause it will come out fast. Then get a garden hose and stick it into the top of your radiator and let some water run through it. If you want, you can close everything up and run your banshee with just water in it for a few minutes to flush absolutely everything out, I just fill it back up with coolant after I rinse with a hose. So put the screws back in and fill it with your new coolant at the top of the radiator. When it is full, put the cap on the radiator, then open up you seat and fill the resevior/overflow tank up a ways past the "low" mark with your engine ice. Make sure everything is closed up, then take it for a little spin. Check the resevior again and refill it. Keep checking it periodically until it stops going down.

The only clean thing in the picture is the screw on the left side that you need to open.

eded951e.jpg

Open up the cap on the radiator, then find a screw thats on both sides of the engine. Unscrew both of those, but be ready to catch the coolant cause it will come out fast. Then get a garden hose and stick it into the top of your radiator and let some water run through it. If you want, you can close everything up and run your banshee with just water in it for a few minutes to flush absolutely everything out, I just fill it back up with coolant after I rinse with a hose. So put the screws back in and fill it with your new coolant at the top of the radiator. When it is full, put the cap on the radiator, then open up you seat and fill the resevior/overflow tank up a ways past the "low" mark with your engine ice. Make sure everything is closed up, then take it for a little spin. Check the resevior again and refill it. Keep checking it periodically until it stops going down.

The only clean thing in the picture is the screw on the left side that you need to open.

eded951e.jpg

Awesome thank you!